Low HR Training

Does everyone in this forum run alone (Read 593 times)

Shondek

Although running mostly below maf the last couple of months has been generally enjoyable and enlightening,Ive ran out of excuses as to why I'm not meeting up for runs.

So does everybody here run alone and if not if you go  above maf from time to time do you have a formula that counteracts above maff..eg for every  mile above maff you need to run 4 miles under maff. Acid/alkaline,ying and yang  and all that.

Could the maf test detect detect your over maf runs?

Maybe I should look for a few 90 year olds to run with

zonykel

I run with a group on Saturdays. I used to meet up for track workouts on Tuesday as well, but my schedule doesn't allow it any more. Otherwise, I run alone. But even when I run with a group, I keep mostly to myself. I read in a magazine that some runners are like dogs (social and talkative) while others are like cats. I'm more like the cat, I guess.
      Shondek

I run with a group on Saturdays. I used to meet up for track workouts on Tuesday as well, but my schedule doesn't allow it any more. Otherwise, I run alone. But even when I run with a group, I keep mostly to myself. I read in a magazine that some runners are like dogs (social and talkative) while others are like cats. I'm more like the cat, I guess.

Nice one Zonykel ..I'm probably more like a cat also(Leo) as I like to listen..! But I'm a Scorpio,,

Leo

Race Less Train More

I run with a group(20+years). For LHR training I run alone.15+ mpm at the beginning.Now many runners want to start at 4:30 AM. The group runners are at 5:30 and 6:30 on weekends.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I run alone with my dog.  Both of us get our exercise.  I do enjoy my run more when I run on paths and trails with other runners present although not running with me.

Chris

I used to run with a running group, which I enjoyed for the social aspect. But since doing lhr training, I normally don't, as it's almost impossible to stick to Maf. Now that I'm doing some anaerobic stuff for a few weeks, I might join them again for a few runs. I do triathlons, and doing group rides at Maf is possible, but I usually drop off on hills and catch up on descents.

Although running mostly below maf the last couple of months has been generally enjoyable and enlightening,Ive ran out of excuses as to why I'm not meeting up for runs.

So does everybody here run alone and if not if you go  above maf from time to time do you have a formula that counteracts above maff..eg for every  mile above maff you need to run 4 miles under maff. Acid/alkaline,ying and yang  and all that.

solution, run with slow runners. they don't have to be 90 year olds, just beginner runners.

or even better solution, get really good where your MAF pace is 5min/mile heh. Big grin

btw I usually run alone but not because of my pace, just because this is usually how it works out, hard to organize a run with others here. I do intervals alone too.

btw2: I noticed that if I run with someone my HR is 5bpm higher or so. if the same is true for you, you need to take that into account if you're sticking to MAF. now I got curious, is that just me, or do others experience the same increase in HR? only true for me if the pace/HR is low enough, though. for much higher intensity, company doesn't really have any effect anymore on HR.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I run alone most of the time. Am to slow for most of the folks in Austin, all I have encountered (even old farts like me) are much faster than I am. I do hookup with a galloway group on Fri mornings but I can only stay with them for the first run segment. I run a shorter distance so we can meetup at the end of the run as well. But mostly I run alone.

bob e v
                  2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Tennesotans

Sometimes there's someone on the next treadmill over -- does that count? Wink

I generally run alone.

According to George Thorogood:

I drink run alone, yeah
                      With nobody else
                      I drink run alone, yeah
                      With nobody else
                      You know when I drink run alone
                      I prefer to be by myself

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I almost always train alone.

Can MAF tests detect anaerobic work? Only in its effect on the aerobic system.. If you build a solid base, once you start anaerobic work, you should see your MAF tests improve even more. But there usually comes a time when the body has had enough racing and speedwork, and the MAF tests will regress some. Time for base work again. If you don't have a solid base, you might see regression after just a few anaerobic runs.

Depends.

Did you know that Mark Allen calls the base phase "the patience phase"? It can take some as the weeks go by, or during these long periods of rebuilding.

It gets better. And remember, you're not alone. Really. Cool

--JImmy

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #141

tracey_lee

Yes I usually run alone. I like running races because of the camaraderie, but when I run with my wife...for one reason or another, we end up bitching at each other Smile

Yes I usually run alone. I like running races because of the camaraderie, but when I run with my wife...for one reason or another, we end up bitching at each other Smile

hmmmmm, I'm wondering if we're married to the same girl? Maybe not, but they HAVE to be related.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

tracey_lee

hmmmmm, I'm wondering if we're married to the same girl? Maybe not, but they HAVE to be related.

hahaha is fitness and health the only two things you fight about? If so, she IS the same gal Wink