Low HR Training

Hours per week vs # of sessions/days per week (Read 35 times)

AlexVan

So I have just completed day #35 of 1-mile per day of running (minimum), running streak.  It feels really good.  After a bleak 2015 due to the twins and having never run seven days per week I am taking a very easy start but it's great.

I have a new theory that more sessions or more days of running seems to produce a greater aerobic benefit than more hours per week. Obviously it depends on many factors and on how many more but right now it feels seems like for starting out running 40km per week 4 days week is not as rapid of increase as 30k per week 7 days per week. I did this comparison over different years, so it is really hard to say, but I am curious if anyone else has seen or testing anything similar.

BeeRunB

Great post, Alex. I've noticed making rapid progress in the past on hour runs with one day off. For some reason, I always start increasing too fast. Trying to relive the glory days of cool weather runs and 70 miles per week. I'm returning to base (read 4x4 thread) and will consider something like this .

AlexVan

Yes I joined that FB MAF group also, seems like most answers are from MAF beginners, still interesting. I like this better Smile but I posted something similar there and one person did say more sessions per week seemed to improve more, even triples rather than real long run helped more. There answer was slightly vague but seems like an interesting test.  I don't see time even for doubles so you guys will need to test for me Smile. I will try to stick to my streak of singles. Smile