Low HR Training

How to log my data (Read 265 times)

Shiksa

Aerobigal! (thx Jimmy!)

What is the best way to log this data? Should I log each lap separately or should I just do the overview of my run? It may be easier to see changes over time if I use a spreadsheet and the log here. What are your recommendations?
    Stacy
    I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://stacyruns.wordpress.com/

run-easy-race-hard

What is the best way to log this data? Should I log each lap separately or should I just do the overview of my run? It may be easier to see changes over time if I use a spreadsheet and the log here. What are your recommendations?
      If you really want to track your progress, you want to look at your pace and average heart rate over each split, over the duration of each run, because there are two important quantities: pace at MAF and decay of pace over the duration. You also want to take note of temperature and dewpoint (dewpoint only matters when the temperature is over 50 or 55 or so).
      Shiksa

Aerobigal! (thx Jimmy!)

Crap! That's a lot of data. So, maybe I'll keep the redux here and make two separate spreadsheets. The first for pace and the second for avg/max per mile. I can log every lap/mile separately here, but I can't see a fancy little (hopefully falling) graph unless I'm missing something. thoughts?
        Stacy
        I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://stacyruns.wordpress.com/

run-easy-race-hard

Don't make it complicated. Just write it in the notes section of each run log: temp: 70, dewpoint 63 miles/avg hr 8:52/133, 8:58/139, 9:05/140, 9:08/140, 9:10/141, 9:20/143, etc. You don't need to plot it out or anything; just eyeball what's going on periodically. No detailed analysis required.
            This log provide a handy "Intervals" portions when logging your data. Just use that and use what ever lap measurement you are using. For my MAF runs, I simply plug in each interval as 1 mile, put in AVG HR and MAX HR. You can put whatever notes per lap also.