Low HR Training

"Race Report & Upcoming Races" Thread (Read 7775 times)

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

MTA: Thundercloud Subs Thunderbird 5mile Turkey Trot; AHR=102; MHR=126, overall pace 13:55; barefoot, my longest BF distance to date especially with the pre/post race walking. 1/4mi of fresh chip seal asphalt was a problem. Forced me onto grass median where I had to watch for glass, metal and rocks. Other than that great fun & lots of comments and finger pointing! LOL

TypeDistanceTimeTotal TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
    1 Interval 1 mi 15:22.02 15:22.02 15:23 97 105 Heavy traffic, forced to walk
    2 Interval 1 mi 15:18.81 30:40.83 15:19 98 126 Heavy traffic, steep hills, forced to walk
    3 Interval 1 mi 12:46.44 43:27.27 12:47 105 111  
    4 Interval 1 mi 12:43.37 56:10.64 12:44 106 109  
    5 Interval 0.94 mi 12:33.16 1:08:43.80 13:22 105 112  

bob e v
    2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ft Worth YMCA Turkey Trot with 12,000 of our closest friends!

6.4 miles

1:08:58

10:47 average pace

MAF did not work as I was running with my adult kids, 24,22, and 19.

Great fun.

Chris

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Good job Chris you finished the 10k in the same time I took to finish 5! Glad your not in my age group! LOL btw I had some friends running the same race. If I was still in Fort Worth I would have been out there as well.

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

BeeRunB

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/2011/11/dizzy-fifties-50k-2011.html

Dizzy fifties 50k. PR for 50K trail race. 6:07:10. New early on the body was not going to  run <11 minute paces.Nice and well keep trail.

Ron, there is no question about it: you have achieved Aerobiforce status here at the LHRT forum.

You are showing amazing endurance with your 2nd 50k in 7 days. Enjoyed your blog!

BeeRunB

MTA: Thundercloud Subs Thunderbird 5mile Turkey Trot; AHR=102; MHR=126, overall pace 13:55; barefoot, my longest BF distance to date especially with the pre/post race walking. 1/4mi of fresh chip seal asphalt was a problem. Forced me onto grass median where I had to watch for glass, metal and rocks. Other than that great fun & lots of comments and finger pointing! LOL

TypeDistanceTimeTotal TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
            1 Interval 1 mi 15:22.02 15:22.02 15:23 97 105 Heavy traffic, forced to walk
            2 Interval 1 mi 15:18.81 30:40.83 15:19 98 126 Heavy traffic, steep hills, forced to walk
            3 Interval 1 mi 12:46.44 43:27.27 12:47 105 111  
            4 Interval 1 mi 12:43.37 56:10.64 12:44 106 109  
            5 Interval 0.94 mi 12:33.16 1:08:43.80 13:22 105 112  

Nice job, Bob! Now go wash those feet.Cool

Keep going!

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats Bob and Chris.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

MS Coast Marathon 4:04:46 3 AG

5 minute porta potty beak doomed my <4.Driving 6.5 hours  eating potato chips it not a good per-marathon meal.

2 AG time was 4:02:46

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

5 minute porta potty beak doomed my <4.Driving 6.5 hours  eating potato chips it not a good per-marathon meal.

You have had a busy three weekends.  Congrats!

Chris

BeeRunB

Nice finish, Ron--especially after finishing two 50k's in the two weeks prior. Going Karno!

Keep going!

--Jimmy

Nice finish, Ron--especially after finishing two 50k's in the two weeks prior. Going Karno!

Keep going!

--Jimmy

I just finished reading 50 Marathons in 50 days,  I'm in awe of such endurance!

Ran the 'Brooks spring into shape' 12k in Melbourne on Sunday, it was three laps of 'The Tan', a popular running track in Melbourne, with one decent bit of a hill.  Time 59:01, splits 19:59 19:46 19:17 . Was running it as a tune up for a Half Ironman in two weeks so didn't push it too hard.

My first foot race for a couple of years. Was glad to be able to hold the pace comfortably.

BeeRunB

I just finished reading 50 Marathons in 50 days,  I'm in awe of such endurance!

Ran the 'Brooks spring into shape' 12k in Melbourne on Sunday, it was three laps of 'The Tan', a popular running track in Melbourne, with one decent bit of a hill.  Time 59:01, splits 19:59 19:46 19:17 . Was running it as a tune up for a Half Ironman in two weeks so didn't push it too hard.

My first foot race for a couple of years. Was glad to be able to hold the pace comfortably.

Karnazes' first book, Ultramarathon Man was a good, humorous book. Didn't like the 50/50 book. Kind of boring--a little too positive about everyone and everything (like listening to pro golfers do interviews), didn't feel truthful.

Congrats on getting back to racing. Good lluck in the Half Ironman, Sean.

--Jimmy

C-R

First trail marathon tomorrow (Tecumseh). It was the one Karno ran in Indiana if I recall correctly from the book.

Supposed to be a tough go. My guess is I will be exceeding my MAF level. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Chris

C-R

Thanks for that.

It went well. Much tougher course than I imagined. Finished in 4:49:17 and felt good about the sub 5.

Here is the race report in case anyone is interested.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/forum/54620aba73ef45cfa58549b14e74fc13

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thanks for that.

It went well. Much tougher course than I imagined. Finished in 4:49:17 and felt good about the sub 5.

Here is the race report in case anyone is interested.  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/forum/54620aba73ef45cfa58549b14e74fc13

Congrats.

6  out 9.The ground wins!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter