Low HR Training

4 weeks and no progress (Read 1144 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I think maf tests were more relevant pre garmin/heart monitor days, if you are sure you are training under maf and have such a device you should be seeing a trend one way or another.I do a walking maf-25 for 5 mins or so at the start of every run and is a good indicator on how the run will go and how damaging/fruitful  the previous day run was, which saves time.I am not a fan of running 5 miles at maf .

Reducing my effort by 5 beats would be the first thing I would try to see how that goes.Ignore the slower pace and just go by how you feel after the run you may end up getting quicker after a few days..running at maf did little for me.

The first thing you should do after a Maf  test ..is have a maf test..Smile 

Running by feel is not maff training. I am not sure it is any specific type of training.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/