Low HR Training

MAF after 1 year break from running (Read 30 times)

AlexVan

Hi everyone my wife gave birth to twins in sept 2014 and I have been DOA since then, so 2015 has had about 150km of running... But I am back with a vengeance Smile Jimmy, I just miss all our conversations mostly Smile.

So the interesting first observations are I can now run uphill push a double stroller and stay under MAF even though I have only been running consistently again for the last week.  I actually observed similar for all of the limited 2015 runs... What's interesting is I had a hard time running uphill and staying at MAF prior to this without the stroller although in 2014 I did my first and only marathon and did not pay as much attention to MAF uphill.

So I believe either the marathon training improved my heart a lot or I did not loose much HR stroke volume even after the long break.  Sorry I can't provide more scientific info like MAF test because with twins I still don't have the time, hopefully soon. I am definitely out of shape though Smile so I think MAF test will be bad, but my slowest running is ok.

I am just so happy to be committed to running again Smile and again hi everyone. -alex

BeeRunB

Congratulations on the birth of your twins, Alex!  Two at once must be a big job. Hope you're finally getting some sleep. Good luck in 2016. Wish you and your family great health and happiness.

And welcome back. 

source

AlexVan

Not really getting good sleep yet, but 2 or 3 days a week is 8 hours with 2 or 3 interruptions but the other days are 6 or 7... I am just finally getting used to it...   So I have to be extra careful with stress since I am sleep-stressed and at some level diet and work stressed... But actually feeling much better now that I am finally running again.  I am so motivated it is unbelievable... it will be really easy to over-train...  Thanks, really glad this forum is still going strong Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats on the twins and the return to maff.

Hi everyone my wife gave birth to twins in sept 2014 and I have been DOA since then, so 2015 has had about 150km of running... But I am back with a vengeance Smile Jimmy, I just miss all our conversations mostly Smile.

So the interesting first observations are I can now run uphill push a double stroller and stay under MAF even though I have only been running consistently again for the last week.  I actually observed similar for all of the limited 2015 runs... What's interesting is I had a hard time running uphill and staying at MAF prior to this without the stroller although in 2014 I did my first and only marathon and did not pay as much attention to MAF uphill.

So I believe either the marathon training improved my heart a lot or I did not loose much HR stroke volume even after the long break.  Sorry I can't provide more scientific info like MAF test because with twins I still don't have the time, hopefully soon. I am definitely out of shape though Smile so I think MAF test will be bad, but my slowest running is ok.

I am just so happy to be committed to running again Smile and again hi everyone. -alex

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/