Low HR Training

Maffetone vs Mittleman? (Read 1179 times)

C, of course if  you feel it in the body before noticing a loss of aerobic pace, that would be better, and in your case, it is the truth and I won't question that. And yes, you are a living anomaly and should be proud of who you are in all your metabolic strangeness and in general.Cool

Just passing on Dr. Phil's experience with his athletes, and in his experience, many athletes don't feel anything, or miss it, until they are deep into level 1 or in level 2. I am not going to question that either. He worked for a long time with a lot of athletes, and has a lot of experience in bringing athletes back from OT. I can also corroborate his experience with my own in Fall 2008 where it was showing up in my tests long before I started to feel fatigue and lower back pain. Ignoring it all at the time was a ticket to level 2, if not 3.

--Jimmy

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #143

C, of course if  you feel it in the body before noticing a loss of aerobic pace, that would be better, and in your case, it is the truth and I won't question that. And yes, you are a living anomaly and should be proud of who you are in all your metabolic strangeness and in general.Cool

Just passing on Dr. Phil's experience with his athletes, and in his experience, many athletes don't feel anything, or miss it, until they are deep into level 1 or in level 2. I am not going to question that either. He worked for a long time with a lot of athletes, and has a lot of experience in bringing athletes back from OT. I can also corroborate his experience with my own in Fall 2008 where it was showing up in my tests long before I started to feel fatigue and lower back pain. Ignoring it all at the time was a ticket to level 2, if not 3.

--Jimmy

yes I think the real point is not to ignore any signals or cues. be it MAF test or low back pain or anything else.