Low HR Training

JimmyB's Two Week Test Diary Post Day 14 (Read 1016 times)

I agree that this is not an Atkins diet.  This is about cleansing your system, setting a base level and adding back the quality carbs.  It is about learning to eat right thereafter.

Chris

I did another MAF test this morning and I am a little slower while on the no carbs/no sugar test.  My first test was at night after a day off and my second test was in the morning after running the night before.  That could make a difference.  No carbs/no sugar test started November 23. 

<colgroup> <col width="103" /> <col span="2" width="68" /></colgroup>
      Date 12/1/2011 12/9/2011
      Location CMS Track CMS Track
      Temperature 60 44
      Time 7:10 PM 7:50 AM

Warm Up 1.1 mile 1.2 miles

Mile 1 12:12 12:49

Mile 2 12:33 12:58

Mile 3 12:36 13:03

Chris

Shondek

forget about performance guys it'll come good soon.

My guess is that the body is busy redistributing the sugars around the different organs.....to busy to bother with running performance at the moment

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG. I survived for about 5 days. Energy levels were to low.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

BeeRunB

WTG. I survived for about 5 days. Energy levels were to low.

I think the key is to eat a LOT and OFTEN. Dr. Phil writes about this in one of his books. He talks about a particular man who felt tired with no energy during his test. After evaluating what the guy was actually doing, he wasn't getting enough calories because he was afraid of eating too much fat and cholesterol. Once he unleashed himself into this glorious smorgasbord of food, formerly controlled and avoided, and ate big, the man got his energy back.

I've been eating a lot of calories, and eating often. I went through a jar of almond butter in 3 days, blocks of cheeses, a jillion eggs, chickens, cows, pigs etc. Once I was past sugar withdrawal, feel pretty good. I'm not dropping this weight because of calorie deficit. I'm pretty sure about that. My body has no choice but to burn fat for energy. 

--JimmyCool

p.s. my dessert has been 2-4 tablespoons of almond butter with espresso. Eat it with  tiny little spoon and drunk from a tiny espresso cup, like I'm in Wonderland or something. 3 times a day at least.

Shondek

I think the key is to eat a LOT and OFTEN. Dr. Phil writes about this in one of his books. He talks about a particular man who felt tired with no energy during his test. After evaluating what the guy was actually doing, he wasn't getting enough calories because he was afraid of eating too much fat and cholesterol. Once he unleashed himself into this glorious smorgasbord of food, formerly controlled and avoided, and ate big, the man got his energy back.

I've been eating a lot of calories, and eating often. I went through a jar of almond butter in 3 days, blocks of cheeses, a jillion eggs, chickens, cows, pigs etc. Once I was past sugar withdrawal, feel pretty good. I'm not dropping this weight because of calorie deficit. I'm pretty sure about that. My body has no choice but to burn fat for energy. 

--JimmyCool

p.s. my dessert has been 2-4 tablespoons of almond butter with espresso. Eat it with  tiny little spoon and drunk from a tiny espresso cup, like I'm in Wonderland or something. 3 times a day at least.

Remember guys your plate should be 2/3 vegetables and a fist size of protein and salad for dessert ...dont go down the Atkins route and plenty of good oil...try ' Udos choice' and dont forget nuts and seeds..its not about stuffing yourselves 

Shondek

Hey Gang,

Shondek inspired me to do a two-week test. I had never done a full one in the past--I think 3-4 days was the longest it went before I quit. The main reason I quit was that my pace at MAF would slow drastically, and I freaked out.  THis time, I plan to see it through.

I experienced the slowing again, but today it seems to be reversing. Hopefully, it is a trend.

I'm following Dr. Phil's diet list, eating  beef, cheese, eggs, poulty, pork, fish, shrimp, almond butter, avocado, 6 servings of vegetables, and drinking lots of water. My coffee consumption is the usual.

As far as calorie levels, I think I am eating a bit more than I used to before the test--lots of fat.

Below will be my diary of this experiment. I was going to write "enjoy my misery", but then I realized the last two days have been really great in terms of how I feel, my focus, and my energy levels. SO, just "enjoy". ---JImmy Cool

day weight

waist

"

body

Fat%

Resting

Heart

Rate

(normal is 48)

Aerobic Speed

(MAF 1st mile)

duration

miles

ave

pace

heart time

zone

(BPM)

F° Notes
                 1 171 38.5 25.3 48 10:55 1:23:31 7.00 11:55

MAF

57° Ran outdoors. Aerobic speed and duration normal. Took a few naps
                 2 170  ---  --- 52  --- 0:52:00 4.01 12:58 120-125 bpm  66°

TM 1% Headache that is probably due to sugar withdrawal. Took a few naps. Needed them.

3 169 38.0 24.5 55 12:58 1:15:00 5.41 13:51

MAF

74°

TM 1%. RHR a bit high, pace at MAF has slowed significantly. Headache still there. Feel stronger and more focused. Endurance (duration) is still at a good level for this heart time zone at 74°. Nap.

4 169  ---  --- 54  --- 0:53:00 3.63 14:36 120-125 bpm  66°

TM 1% (yuck on pace) Pace continuing to regress. RHR still high No headache! Real good focus. Didn't crash or nap.  

5 168 37.63 23.9 51 11:12 1:16:00 6.11 12:26

MAF

65°  TM 1%. Pace at MAF progressing back. Duration for this heart time zone was good as well. RHR lowering.  Feel good. Like this increasing ability to focus for longer periods. No headache.
                6 168 37.38 23.5 -- --  -- --  --   -- -- Rest day. Felt good. No crashes. 
                7 167 37.00 22.9 51  -- 1:00:00 4.59 13:04  120-125 bpm 67° 

TM 1%  Improved duration. Feel good. Looking forward to a day of creative endeavors. In first 7 days I have lost 4 pounds, 1.5" around waist, 1.5% bodyfat

Result JB!!!!.....12.2stone to 11stone 13lbs....you've dipped under the 12stone bar..it'll get easier now..I think you can get to 11 1/2 stone

I think the key is to eat a LOT and OFTEN.

heh, this is one of the reasons why I wouldn't try this test. my appetite is way too low to force this style of eating a lot and often.

anyway I'm following this thread about your adventures with curiosity. Smile

BeeRunB

heh, this is one of the reasons why I wouldn't try this test. my appetite is way too low to force this style of eating a lot and often.

anyway I'm following this thread about your adventures with curiosity. Smile

How can you live in Hungary and not be hungry all the time? Cool (bad joke, but this was the one opportunity I had to get it out of my system)

It's just for two-weeks. You don't have to eat a lot. It helps if you are feeling weak or tired dues to lack of carbs.

I can feel your curios vibe all the way from Hungary.

--Jimmy

How can you live in Hungary and not be hungry all the time? Cool (bad joke, but this was the one opportunity I had to get it out of my system)

hahaha. Big grin

Tennesotans

Dreaded "Day 5" -- I was a zombie at last night's yoga class.

My experience so far:

-- I haven't had cravings all that much.

-- No headaches

-- definite fogginess, and loss of patience

-- I've lost 3.5 pounds.

I skipped today's workout -- I don't feel I've recovered from my Sunday long run.

BeeRunB

Dreaded "Day 5" -- I was a zombie at last night's yoga class.

My experience so far:

-- I haven't had cravings all that much.

-- No headaches

-- definite fogginess, and loss of patience

-- I've lost 3.5 pounds.

I skipped today's workout -- I don't feel I've recovered from my Sunday long run.

Make sure you are eating more than enough, Tenn. Throw out any rules about fat and cholesterol (if you have them) and lean to the side of overeating a bit. Don't worry about losing weight (if you are worried). More calories might help the fogginess go away.

Keep going! It gets better.

--Jimmy

Shondek

Hi JimmyB I know you guys over the pond dont use stones but 11 stone something is miles away from 12 stone something ..I definitely think you should aim to keep it there..I've been from 11  to 14 stone all of my adult life and now I'm bubbling under 10 stone 12..usually I would have to be ill or over training to be my current weight ..keep it going nearly there..Smile

Jimmy:

What are you using to take such precise measurements on your waist size?

Chris

BeeRunB

Hi JimmyB I know you guys over the pond dont use stones but 11 stone something is miles away from 12 stone something ..I definitely think you should aim to keep it there..I've been from 11  to 14 stone all of my adult life and now I'm bubbling under 10 stone 12..usually I would have to be ill or over training to be my current weight ..keep it going nearly there..Smile

Keep my weight at 10 stone? (150 lbs.)

I am now 11 stone 13 lbs.

150 pounds is in the neigborhood, if I really want to compete.

--Jimmy