Low HR Training

Do I need to adjust my MAF hr? (Read 160 times)

Shiksa

My kids have officially passed on their cold to me. I have my MAF hr calculated to take no deductions. Should I take the -5 just through my sickness or do I have to adjust to -5 now forever? I probably have had another cold sometime in the past year. Not sure what to do here. I don't anticipate it being particularly debilitating--just irritating.

Stacy
    I make no apologies for my liberal use of smiley icons. http://www.BlakeHillHouse.com

t_runner

When I went through this, I just dropped it 5-10 while I was still feeling a bit under the weather. As soon as I felt better, I went back to the HR I was using before. My body kind of told me what to do here, because when I was a touch sick still, and tried to run at the HR I was running at before, I felt worse. If I kept it down a bit, I felt better. I think the guideline to drop 5 if you are sick, is just to help you be more conservative if you had been sick a lot, a sign that you were overtraining/under aerobically developed. My thoughts are that 2 colds in a year isn't a big deal. I deducted 5 from mine because I had very long, lingering colds, and other sicknesses quite a few times over the last several years. I could be wrong though, I'm kind of a newbie to all this.