Low HR Training

LT (lactate threshold) test vs MAF vs marathon vs whatever =) (Read 698 times)

Shondek

Hi Cmon2 interesting post.I hope to do a marathon in the next 2 years so I'll be following your progress closely.

When you say  your pace is improving nicely is that your anaerobic pace or aerobic pace or both.?That data reminds me of the levels back in the day ..L1 L2 L3 L4 etc the advice was L2-2.5  for marathons L4 for 10k and L8!! for 5k  :O) .

.They say that if you played a lot of anaerobic sports at a young age it's possible to have a naturally high heart rate.Not sure if that's a good thing or not,probably not.I am 52 and and a couple of weeks ago I hammered it up a hill to prove to my friends I could still leave them if I wanted to..my pulse peaked at 212bpm...That is not good!!

With all the reports coming out now about  long  distance runners having a particular heart problems.I'm keeping a close eye on my HRV and  my guys red lining it on a regular basis....interesting times ahead

Hi Cmon2 interesting post.I hope to do a marathon in the next 2 years so I'll be following your progress closely.

When you say  your pace is improving nicely is that your anaerobic pace or aerobic pace or both.?That data reminds me of the levels back in the day ..L1 L2 L3 L4 etc the advice was L2-2.5  for marathons L4 for 10k and L8!! for 5k  :O) .

.They say that if you played a lot of anaerobic sports at a young age it's possible to have a naturally high heart rate.Not sure if that's a good thing or not,probably not.I am 52 and and a couple of weeks ago I hammered it up a hill to prove to my friends I could still leave them if I wanted to..my pulse peaked at 212bpm...That is not good!!

With all the reports coming out now about  long  distance runners having a particular heart problems.I'm keeping a close eye on my HRV and  my guys red lining it on a regular basis....interesting times ahead

yeah I plan to post more regularly... especially when I get into the marathon training Smile if you want, I can use the training log here so you can follow it. I'd like to do the first marathon this year, I was planning to do it last year but then I made a wrong step and was out for 3 weeks with an ankle problem.

as for improvement of pace, I find there's two kinds of pace improvement for me; first version means pace improving in all HR zones, aerobic, anaerobic alike, though I don't really do the very short distances so I dunno about that. then the second kind of improvement is, if I only run below 170bpm then pace gets better only for those lower HR zones but that has no effect on faster paces or races of distances at 5K-10K-HM. ...I'm sure that longer distances than that do benefit from strict low HR training, at least it does make sense to me about why it's relevant for long distances.

L2-2.5, what's that L thing exactly? L as lactate or something else? can you tell me more about this? Smile

as for the high heart rate, I never played any sports much, certainly not anaerobic sports. I think it's a more genetic thing.

are you sure your 212bpm HR wasd a valid measurement? at age 52 that sounds really high, I've just turned 30 and I'm female (not sure if you are male or female but I read females tend to have higher HR/HRmax). if the 212 was valid, I'd also ask, are you able to keep a HR of 190 for a longer time? I myself can average HM's at or over 190bpm but a friend of mine with same HRmax can't quite do that.

what reports are you referring to about long distance runners vs heart problems, do you have any link to online articles on this? and how do you check HRV, ithlete thing or is there some other option since then?