Low HR Training

MAF RESULTS: 2 weeks in (Read 458 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Just thought I would share my recent findings with you guys. At the beginning of the year, I did MAF training for 6 weeks, and my best MAF result was an average pace of 7:47 per mile, over 4 miles. After I finished this I did a 5k race(first bit more or less of speed work for me in 7 weeks) and I PR'd from 21:13 to 18:57. I have just started my base building again, and I am at the end of week 2. I decided to do another MAF test, in fact I did one yesterday, on a flat canal, and these were my findings: Mile 1 7:36 Mile 2 7:38 Mile 3 7:40 Mile 4 7:22 This averaged out at 7:34 pace. Stayed under MAF by 2 beats Today I did another MAF for the hell of it, and here were my findings: Mile 1 7:35 Mile 2 7:06 downhill Mile 3 8:00 uphill Mile 4 7:33 Average pace again 7:34. Undr MAF by 2 beats Just thought I would share this with you guys, as I am well impressed and only in week 2, and already 13 seconds per mile in my MAF test ahead of my previous phase. Should be flying hopefully when I go back to racing in time.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Very nice improvement, Eddy! Did you wear your HRM during the 5K race?
        Wow, Eddy, you have so much potential. That's one heck of an MAF test. Keep going! --Jimmy

Slow-smooth-fast

Very nice improvement, Eddy! Did you wear your HRM during the 5K race?
          No, I didnt wear the monitor. I will be doing on my next one, It will be interesting to see the results. Based on this table: MAF 5K 5K min/mile race pace time 10:00 7:30 23:18 9:00 7:00 21:45 8:30 6:45 20:58 8:00 6:30 20:12 7:30 6:00 18:38 7:00 5:30 17:05 6:30 5:15 16:19 6:00 5:00 15:32 5:45 4:45 14:45 5:30 4:30 13:59 5:15 4:20 13:28 5:00 4:15 13:12 I should be able to get around mid 18s now. Bear in mind this is the first mile of a MAF, and on a flat, it appears all my miles are even with not much drift. Gonna keep going for a while to see the real benefits. If anyone else's MAF test are similar to mine be interesting to see what kind of race times you have had.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Just thought I would share my recent findings with you guys. At the beginning of the year, I did MAF training for 6 weeks, and my best MAF result was an average pace of 7:47 per mile, over 4 miles. After I finished this I did a 5k race(first bit more or less of speed work for me in 7 weeks) and I PR'd from 21:13 to 18:57. I have just started my base building again, and I am at the end of week 2. I decided to do another MAF test, in fact I did one yesterday, on a flat canal, and these were my findings: Mile 1 7:36 Mile 2 7:38 Mile 3 7:40 Mile 4 7:22 This averaged out at 7:34 pace. Stayed under MAF by 2 beats Today I did another MAF for the hell of it, and here were my findings: Mile 1 7:35 Mile 2 7:06 downhill Mile 3 8:00 uphill Mile 4 7:33 Average pace again 7:34. Undr MAF by 2 beats Just thought I would share this with you guys, as I am well impressed and only in week 2, and already 13 seconds per mile in my MAF test ahead of my previous phase. Should be flying hopefully when I go back to racing in time.
            Eddy, Very impressive numbers! Is this you also? http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/cf7fff72a8e74bfe81b053ce4880e533 I'm guessing so, since the posts match. I'm just wondering why you'd post with two different user names? Also, it looks like you started a new log under "Maffetone", and are now keeping two logs. Why???

Slow-smooth-fast

I shouldnt have posted under the second account of 'maffetone', was an error. I am keeping a secon log exclusively for my MAF progress.

I shouldnt have posted under the second account of 'maffetone', was an error. I am keeping a secon log exclusively for my MAF progress.
                OK. Makes sense...
                  That or the fact that he is a professional magician...have you seen 'the illusionist'! Big grin

Slow-smooth-fast

That or the fact that he is a professional magician...have you seen 'the illusionist'! Big grin
                    top film. I love the prestige too.