Low HR Training

Your experiences with LHR training (Read 1245 times)

I'll get back to you on that data, C.

I've never done a % progress study of aerobic phase vs. anaerobic, combined, etc.

A  quickie while I have time:

AErobic BAse:

12.4%  8/1/09 thru  10/19/09 (2 months, 18 days) (overall pace)

--jimmy

Here's another period of substantial improvement and how it broke down. THis was the best I've been.

2/17/06 thru 9/26/06  20% improvement (10:14 to 8:31)

Breakdown:

2/17 to 3/26 all MAF and below  4% (this was the second half of an aerobic base period, the first half I regressed a bit due to injury)

3/26 to 8/7 anaerobic / race season 10% (mostly MAF workouts, races, and a few tempo runs mixed in)

8/7 to 9/26 all MAF (save one run) 6%

thanks, very informative data. it appears one should expect to be progressing at least as much at pure MAF phase as in an anaerobic phase + keeping the results from anaerobic phase. Smile

thanks, very informative data. it appears one should expect to be progressing at least as much at pure MAF phase as in an anaerobic phase + keeping the results from anaerobic phase. Smile

Like I said, when you follow up a decent pure base phase with a race season, you should see more improvement.

--Jimmy

Like I said, when you follow up a decent pure base phase with a race season, you should see more improvement.

--Jimmy

yes I get that - what I meant was something else (improving even before anaerobic season arrives).

Yeah, that's what I said. Cool