Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

BeeRunB

4 mile walk

Jimmy, are you training for a race?

Not one specifically, Ron, but for one in probably the fall at this point. Just base-building.

TODAY:

3 mile walk

Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Not one specifically, Ron, but for one in probably the fall at this point. Just base-building.

TODAY:

3 mile walk

Smile

Soldiers HM/ FM  Nov 9 in Columbus should be a fast course. 2 Hour drive from Atlanta. I am registered  for the full .

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3 miles easy

2 miles hill repeats

1 mile CD walk

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

13.5 miles  HR 130 / 166

Parked and ready to run at 6:40. Out of the car at 7:25. I was cold. 55F .Ok, lets get in at least 6 miles. Club member showed up needing a 10 miler. I did 13.5. Yes!!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Soldiers HM/ FM  Nov 9 in Columbus should be a fast course. 2 Hour drive from Atlanta. I am registered  for the full .

Thanks, Ron. Will consider it. If I do it, I expect you to show up!Smile

TODAY:

5.5 miles

4.3 mile walk

with 1 mile running MAF test

Cool

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  No specific workouts today, just an observation:  I'm seeing stretches where I struggle to get up to my MAF.  This is a good thing.  Six weeks ago I struggled to stay under my MAF even just walking briskly.  Now on relatively flat and clear ground it is actually work to keep my hear rate up at my MAF.  Overall pacing has improved, but until the snow is gone I'm pretty much ignoring it.  As a sidebar I noticed that having to cross long stretches of glare ice makes my heart rate shoot through the roof even when I walk slow.  I think I just get nervous crossing the ice.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

BeeRunB

Hey all.  No specific workouts today, just an observation:  I'm seeing stretches where I struggle to get up to my MAF.  This is a good thing.  Six weeks ago I struggled to stay under my MAF even just walking briskly.  Now on relatively flat and clear ground it is actually work to keep my hear rate up at my MAF.  Overall pacing has improved, but until the snow is gone I'm pretty much ignoring it.  As a sidebar I noticed that having to cross long stretches of glare ice makes my heart rate shoot through the roof even when I walk slow.  I think I just get nervous crossing the ice.

Looks like you're making good progress.

My heart rate goes up when I'm glared at (by certain individuals). I understand.Cool

TODAY:

10 miles

walking

2:48:00

Cool

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Took a week of vacation before the LA Marathon and actually did not run at all.  Did the LA Marathon and it was one of my slow marathons, but I had a good time.

Ran 3 last night at 145HR (2 bpms higher than I wanted) but the pace was fine, so I'm recovering fine.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chasing the bus

Hey, all, I'm still here, and still (resumed?), running. Well done Demaris, on yet another 26.2!

Two weeks ago, transitioning off night shift, was rough. It totally sapped my motivation. I finally got out the door tuesday (8 days ago), for a long run, which went great, and got me going again. Managed to finish last week with 26.8mi., and have a good start on this week.

Ran MAFF test last night, sumary is, it looks like in the last two miles, which should be nearing my steady-state MAF pace, I'm 20-30 sec./mi. faster than the last test, so seeing progress finally makes me feel much better about the whole thing. I'm also starting to feel better with my mileage load, and wanting to work up more, so targeting 30 mi. this week, with a 12 mi. long run sched. for tomorrow (today is a travel day).

Corrected test numbers, after warmup mile (I botched hitting lap button first mile long, corrected mistake second mile short);Pace mile 1 - 10:20, 2 - 10:54, 3 - 11:24, 4 - 11:37, 5 - 11:40.

These numbers compare well with the MAFF from last month which were done on same model treamill in the same room with the same work schedule. The long run on 3/12 had me averaging 11:09 outside, with hills, sidestreets, ice patches and all, at the same avg. HR.

Still not as fast as I want. Still not struggling to run this pace. I still want to see 10mm at MAF HR, and wont be happy until I do, but theres no point in pushing it, that doesn't work. Most importantly, I'm still running.

John

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                    Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

BeeRunB

Hi, guys.  Took a week of vacation before the LA Marathon and actually did not run at all.  Did the LA Marathon and it was one of my slow marathons, but I had a good time.

Ran 3 last night at 145HR (2 bpms higher than I wanted) but the pace was fine, so I'm recovering fine.

Wow. You are a bad ass, Desmaris. It's you and Ron now filling the long-gone Formationflier's and SteveP's shoes as resident AerobiDeities.

Seems like you're running a marathon every month! Awesome. Inspiring. Keep going! Cool

BeeRunB

10 miles

walkingCool

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.5 miles

Time to ice the knee

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I have not run all week since I've been sick with asthma.  Also, I had to DNS my ultra today because my kitty got sick last night.  So I've gotten a week of impromptu recovery.  I suspect my HR is probably super low by now.  Planning a short run tonight if all this stress lets me have some time for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ended up doing 6.50 total to and from the hospital at 144 HR.  It was 87F and my pace was super slow but did I mention it was 87F?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

runnerclay, are you the one that posted a picture in the maniacs FB group?  If so, congrats and nice pic!

SRD for me today.  Between Trixie still in the hospital and my cough still ongoing I just want to let this week go and restart tomorrow.  I needed a recovery alright and I got it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page