Low HR Training

The 10 Fat Burning Triggers And Blockers (Read 607 times)

Dom77mu

We all want to be the most efficient fat burning machines out there with low intensity workouts. But....

Hormones are chemical messages produced by the glands. These hormones are the primary driving forces controlling your metabolism which in turn regulates the burning of fat.

You have six fat-burning and three fat-making hormones, and each is triggered by different things.

The 10 Fat Burning Triggers And Blockers - http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/the-10-fat-burning-triggers-and-blockers-2158898.html

Decaf anyone? Smile 

Coffee before breakfast cereal boosts blood sugarhttp://tinyurl.com/47th5q So drink decaf then, only have real coffee for raceday Smile

"A very interesting yet rarely understood fact about exercise is that the calories burned during exercise are very few"

Sadly they don't expand on this ridiculously bland generalisation.  I thought that the calories burned whilst running 1 mile were pretty much determined by your weight and running efficiency, and that speed had little to do with calories burned.

If I burn about 120 calories per mile (probably about right for me) then a 15 miler will burn 1800 calories.  Which is not "very few". 

However, I concede that the fat burn may continue afterwards, and some may be used 14 - 48hrs afterwards in muscle repair... but most it is used to propel my body over 15 miles.

Beginner all over again

"A very interesting yet rarely understood fact about exercise is that the calories burned during exercise are very few"

I agree with the statement. I think it's true too.

Probably has to do with "relatively few" calories are burned ....compared to perhaps the calories one is ingesting.

I know a lot of runners who gain weight and a lot of overweight runners who never lose any weight.

Beginner all over again

However, I concede that the fat burn may continue afterwards, and some may be used 14 - 48hrs afterwards ...........

I thought this turned out to be a Myth of sorts, something untrue....

Is it true again???

I can't keep track..over the years, the "truth/info" seems to flip-flop and then back again

If I burn about 120 calories per mile (probably about right for me) then a 15 miler will burn 1800 calories.  Which is not "very few". 

- yes, I sometimes have trouble replacing all the calories burnt in a 10miler!! and I do similar distances very often

I agree with the statement. I think it's true too.

Probably has to do with "relatively few" calories are burned ....compared to perhaps the calories one is ingesting.

I still do not get it.

"Calories burned during exercise are very few"

The author should come and exercise with me.  I estimate that I expended approximately 3000 calories yesterday, on top of my base metabolic rate. 

Define "few".