Low HR Training

VO2 Max testing - what do I need to ask for? (Read 2346 times)

run-easy-race-hard

I thought I'd add this as a sticky since it comes up a lot. Your vo2max test must come from running for it to apply to running (i.e., a cycling test won't really be of use for analyzing your running fitness). Indeed from a vo2max test you should make sure you get the following: 1. The values of RQ (aka RER, or just R) for each step of the test, along with the associated heart rate. 2. Your heart rate at RQ = .78 3. Your heart rate at RQ = .85 4. Your heart rate at RQ = 1.0 The test needs to bring your RQ at least to the point of 1 (yes, that's redundant) Hopefully the test will take you beyond the vo2max point Hopefully the test will take you to a maximal heart rate (assuming you're fit for such a test). Hopefully you can get an RQ vs heart rate curve to observe the inflection point, and hopefully that point lies between .78 and .85! If they just give you some training zones and a measure or estimate of vo2max, it's not of significant value.
      Thanks Jesse!
      BeeRunB

x

willisva7422

it's helpfull for me. Thanks!

2048 cupcakes

caylakling

The classical criterion for VO2max is achievement of a plateau in VO2 despite an increase in work rate. A RER above a certain level, a high level of blood lactic acid, and age-adjusted estimates of HRmax are also used, especially in subjects who failed to achieve a plateau Candy Crush

laladn

Well done. Your post here is very papa's burgeria useful. I can get my answer here.

sofiaadams

Amazing article for those who want to run word to word converter

earnestpalmer

Ask for a VO2 max test specifically. This directly measures the drift hunters maximum amount of oxygen your body can utilize during intense exercise.

mollyharboe

I always read such a forum in which competent people like you visit. And they share their knowledge, which increases my knowledge. Now let me give you fashion information, how can you avoid the cold in this winter Use this Philadelphia Phillies Jacket to protect you from the cold and make you look beautiful.

heathersnovaks

I enjoy your posts. And I recently purchased this Never Been Chris'd 2023 Janel Parrish Purple Coat online. This Christmas has a special meaning for me.

moretranz

As the industry progresses with advancements in technology and materials, custom heat transfers maintain their popularity for branding, marketing, and personalization purposes. Whether you're a small business aiming to craft branded merchandise or an individual seeking to infuse your garments with a personal flair, custom heat transfers custom design offer limitless avenues for creativity and individualization.