Low HR Training

iThlete (Read 314 times)

Shondek

I have been using the iathlete app since the start of july and I must admit it's been very interesting and a great help.Every morning you are supposed to take a reading and it'll give you a score out of 100..hopefully between 60 and 100 the higher the better,a bit like exam results.If the figure is too low compared to previous scores the app tells you to to either take a day off or reduce intensity/volume depending on how bad your score is.With me doing most of my runs at maf-20 fatigue should never be an issue.

Here are some of my cheats that raise my hrv score and reduce my pulse..the hrv scores are logarithmic so a 60 to 65 is a 30% increase.

BEFORE MORNING RUN

First rise reading...................................hrv- 62.6(pulse66)..04:45am

5 Tibetan Rites......................................hrv-56.4(pulse65)...05:00am

Cold shower..........................................hrv-65.5(pulse58) ...05:15am

Jumped back into bed for 15mins....hrv -76.1(pulse50)...05:33am...

Time to hit the streets!!..Tomorrow I'll miss out Tibetan rites and straigt to cold shower

AFTER MORNING RUN@99BPM

First apre run reading.....................................hrv-55.1(pulse84)........07:13am

10mins doing washing etc............................hrv-56.8(pulse67.1).....07:34am

Ran cold water over head&back of neck.....hrv-68.4(pulse59)........07:38am

Tomorrow I'm going to miss out the 2nd apre run reading and go straight to cold water treatment.

I have been using this app for 3 weeks now and my score has gone from 71 peaking at 79 7 days ago.

The pulse scores are not resting pulse but standing pulse resting pulse is usually 10 beats below