Low HR Training

Fluid intake (Read 277 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Do you track your daily fluid intake?  144 oz of water on 7/01.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

wanderingoutlaw

I never have kept track of daily fluid intake.  I'm sure I'm not getting enough many days.

John

Beginner all over again

No, I don't track it.

144 oz? Isn't that like 8 or 9 individual bottles of water? 

Yikes, my kidneys   Sounds like a lot to me. I can say I know I didn't drink that much.   Probably a third of that maybe?

BeeRunB

Do you track your daily fluid intake?  144 oz of water on 7/01.

No, but I'm now secretly keeping track of yours.

I try too drink throughout the day and during the run. IV drip at night.

--Jimmy

2-3 Nalgenes a day, 64oz - 96oz/day

144 sounds like a lot......

C-R

I don't measure fluid intake during the day but gauge it by the number of trips to the bathroom. I can tell when I've had enough if you know what I mean.

As for runs, during training I usually only drink if I feel I need to. Usually this means not fluid or anything for HM distance or less. This changes when it gets hot.

My last marathon was in higher temps and I had fluids every station after the HM but not much and most of this was dumped on my head.

One other note - it seems that sodas act as a diuretic for me but water and other non carbonated drinks not so much.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DrPhil

While you're in the bathroom, take a look at the color of your urine. That's the best general way to tell if you're drinking enough water. Urine should be clear or very pale yellow. Brighter yellow could mean dehydration even if you're not thirsty. (Synthetic riboflavin--vitamin B2--common in supplements and fortification of junk food, can cause a very bright yellow urine soon after consumption.)

Phil Maffetone

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

80 oz so far today( 11.5 oz of V8). I drink 32 oz after my morning run. Tap water. Can not get cold water down.Most days I am lucky to 64 oz. Not good for someone working outside 50% of the time.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/