Low HR Training

Guess who I ran into today.... (Read 377 times)

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Tuesday June 3, 2008 I had just completed my 4 mile maf run, and was into my cool down walk, when some 14 minutes later a shadowy figure emerges, in a high level of distress. A closer look revealed that it was my evil twin, looking quite spent. I blurted out something to the effect of "Hey, I haven't seen you since you were lounging under the Elvis tapestry back at the ranch. He muttered something about being out on a beer "run" and staggered on. I yelled "The Goodwill truck came and picked up the burnt orange fridge that you used to chill the long necks in", but i'm not certain he heard. Being born a Gemini can launch such scenarios, even 3.5 m/m pace improvement. Lg1, Credit Jimmy... (post 06-01-08): "Just do an imaginary game now. You finish your run in 13:00 per mile, imagine waiting around for the you who started in February. You'll be waiting around awhile."
    ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
    Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
    ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)

Future running partner.

You've certainly come a long way. Definately a good perspective to use when things are getting tough. I still go on beer runs though. Two-a-days actually. In the evenings I go get the beer, in the mornings, I sweat it out. Big grin
        Thats a great post lg1. I like it Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

lowgear1

Max McMaffelow Esq.

Thats a great post lg1. I like it Hank
          Thanks, Hank..I was just so appreciative of Jimmy's original post in regard to putting your past runs in this perspective. A great way to visualize one's progress. You seem to be really tearing it up..some butt-kicking numbers you're posting. Keep up the great work and you'll have a smashing marathon. My best, Lg1
          ♪ ♫ Hey, hey, we're Maf Monkees And people say we monkey around. ♪ ♫ (The Monkees)
          Give me 12:59 in '09, please. I deserve it! (Maf of course)..No more teens! No more teens! (ME! ME! ME!)
          ♪ ♫ I Thank The Lord For The Night Time...And I Thank The Lord For You ♪ ♫ (Neil Diamond)
            Awesome progress lowgear. I love the perspective you (and Jimmy) put forth here. Very refreshing. Smile