2016in2016 Team 14

Let's go. (Read 18 times)

M_M_C

come on we are getting rocked

3K: 8:29.12 (2017)     5K: 14:56.59 (2016)     8K: 25:27 (2016)     15K: 53:46 (2022)     HM: 75:41 (2022)     FM: 2:43:17 (2022)

No more marathons

I know.  This is the first time I've been behind my pace bunny in three years.

But with a cold that is ripping my lungs out each time I cough it can't be helped.

Will try a few easy miles today - my first since last Thursday.  Blegh!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

Yeah, we're getting blasted pretty good.  My team had a slow start last year as well.  We went something like 1-9 to start the year, but then went 18-9 the rest of the way and reached the final four.  Still plenty of time to have a good year.  

<3

Radek M.

My apologies, I was behind pace bunny every week in January except for the first non-competition week (600 m, 10 km, 4 km) for health and personal reasons. I am going to run from my work to home, 14 km, at least something.

Interesting look at "Total distance" needed for a team to get 10 points. Some teams at the bottom of TOP10 are able to win head-to-head competition with approx. 1300 km in one week. Are able, it is not a rule (wins with 1250 km or losses with 1400 km).

TOP5 teams are pretty consistent with 1400+ km per week in January.

We had:
          1270.46 km
          1363.82 km
          1308.82 km

That means we need to add 100-150 km in current colder weather to have a chance to win 10 points, everyone has to contribute a little bit more. It will be much harder when it gets warmer outside Smile

But above everything else, stay healthy and have fun.

No more marathons

I have managed to get in 4 miles each of the past two days without coughing up either of my lungs (yet).

I hope to get at least that much in each of the next three days which will get me at least close to my weekly goal miles of 25.

Should be back on track next week.

He's a leaker!

lekisgoesbump

I'm a little behind on my miles this week. Sorry, guys. I have plans to pick it back up next week, I promise!

delicate flower

We ran over our goal mileage last week but got blasted again.  Our opponent ran 200 miles over their goal.  There's not much you can do when a team overachieves by that much.  At least we got a point, so there's that.

<3

I'm sure as the year goes on it will get better :/

For now I'm focused on my half training schedule, hitting my weekly goal with a few extra miles added in while staying healthy.

delicate flower

The team that beat us had the most team miles for the week.  We were right in the middle of the pack as far as mileage goes.  It's not like we're sitting around on our butts here.  

<3

No more marathons

Well, I'm back to about 95% - most of my cough is gone and I'm able to get some miles in.

I'm hoping to be at least a few miles over my goal (25) this week - maybe hit 30 or so.

He's a leaker!

MaineDistance

Not Current Photo

I thought the weekly summary was interesting.  The most important stat is percentage of mileage goal.  We were at 101%, so we beat our goal.  The team that beat us was at 121% of goal, which is crazy.  On a more realistic note, teams generally win with 105% of goal, and nearly always win at 115% of goal.  In other words, it is not good enough to just hit  your goal mileage; you need to be 5-15% over your goal mileage to have a good chance of winning week to week.  So far, we have been unlucky and always seem to face the team having a banner week.  If we keep plugging away and stay/get healthy, we will be fine and start putting some points on the board.  Fresh snow here in Boston, so another treadmill run today.  Hopefully the carriage road on the marathon course will be cleared of snow and permit an easy 16 miler this weekend.  Good luck everyone!

Well put!! We only had 4-5" out here in Western MA, the main roads this morning were fine to run on, but our back roads were very icy. Good news, I got my 10 in without ending up in a ditch! Hope you all enjoy the weekend Smile

No more marathons

OK, team - we're doing pretty well so far this week.  As of right now we're up about 30 miles over our weekly goal. And I suspect we still have some to report.  Perhaps we'll get our first win this week.

I'm about over my cold that I've been fighting the past few weeks, and got 29 miles - 4 over my goal of 25.

He's a leaker!

M_M_C

Can the captain please kick people if possible.  There are some alternates who would be more useful

3K: 8:29.12 (2017)     5K: 14:56.59 (2016)     8K: 25:27 (2016)     15K: 53:46 (2022)     HM: 75:41 (2022)     FM: 2:43:17 (2022)

M_M_C

Their names are "Jaime lord" and "Shanon"