Marathon Training and Discussions

Officially two weeks out (Read 135 times)

Giants Fan

Two weeks out, here's hoping the weather changes. 55 degrees (which was perfect) but 20-30 mph winds! I can handle just about anything on race day, please no high winds! My run today was 1/2 my marathon course...pretty hilly, but there were times it just felt like I was running in place when against the wind. Thank goodness for my running group, would have never made it alone. BUT my pace for my 14 was like 8:27??? 8:37??? One of those two which for the circumstances, I thought kicked arse! So, now I just have to not freak out for two weeks. I don't think that is going to happen. So tempting to run tomorrow...but its scheduled day off, I'm never going to make it through these two weeks of taper without going mad!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

A Saucy Wench

Awesome pace. I am freaking about the weather too. 90 freaking degrees here today. IT's OREGON IN SEPTEMBER WEATHER GODS, GET WITH THE FRICKEN PROGRAM!!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Giants Fan

Holy crap! 90 degrees? WTF Just like here though, still summer in Iowa and its this cold and windy? Oh man. I am just hoping for nice fall weather, take the 50 some degrees, no wind, sun, no clouds, no rain....I am dreaming huh?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...NICE run! I can't run that pace for more than a mile! Shocked You are gonna ROCK your race! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay