Marathon Training and Discussions

The weather report (Read 660 times)

A Saucy Wench

One of the things I obsessively do is check the weather forecast for raceday. Now mine is too far out to even have a forecast, but I'll be in here on T-10 with the forecast. Even though 10 days out the forecast is about 5% accurate. All they can tell me now are the averages...so for October 5: AVERAGES Hi 68°F Lo 51°F RECORDS Hi 89°F Lo 38°F

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds almost exactly like the weather averages and records for Milwaukee, too. I will also be watching the weather from as far back as weather.com gives a prediction.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

That sounds almost exactly like the weather averages and records for Milwaukee, too. I will also be watching the weather from as far back as weather.com gives a prediction.
        Oh as it gets closer I will be watching the forecasts on SEVERAL sources. Last year they differed by more than 10 degrees. And they were all wrong. But I'll do it anyway.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh as it gets closer I will be watching the forecasts on SEVERAL sources. Last year they differed by more than 10 degrees. And they were all wrong. But I'll do it anyway.
          Yeah, that's how the Midwest always is, too, especially around the Great Lakes. Those big bodies of water always cause the weather to be insanely erratic.

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

My weather for now (10 day s out) 52 at start time, sunny for the day, high of 70-72!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

A Saucy Wench

My weather for now (10 day s out) 52 at start time, sunny for the day, high of 70-72!
              Is that a happy forecast for you or an unhappy forecast. For me that would be an oh shit forecast. I'm hoping for cloudy.

Dave

What time does your race start? 52F sounds almost perfect but Ennay is right about the sunny forecast. With an early start, you can shiver just a little and comfortable after that. Have you picked a "throwaway" sweatshirt? You are going to do awesome midwest. You've done the work. All that's left is the race. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

A Saucy Wench

Heh I think 52 is hot. My ideal race would be 42 at the start, maybe 50 at the finish. 52 at the start wouldnt even get me a throwaway sweatshirt. I need to start perusing goodwill for a good one. Life was easier when full zip up hoodies were popular.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh I think 52 is hot. My ideal race would be 42 at the start, maybe 50 at the finish. 52 at the start wouldnt even get me a throwaway sweatshirt. I need to start perusing goodwill for a good one. Life was easier when full zip up hoodies were popular.
                    Ditto that. I actually found some cheap arm-warmers that I won't cry over if I have to throw them: click They are the neon green, so my family should be able to spot me easily, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

I don't watch the weather anymore - they're never accurate enough.

Giants Fan

That is an I wish it was in the forties for start time too! Its going to be warm, but nothing like what I've trained through. I mean some mornings it was already in the 80's and humid so...but I wish there wasn't going to be sun, but I'm glad rain isn't in the forecast. I am getting excited though!!! I'm starting to feel a little cocky about my race...guess that is a good thing? First I was worried I hadn't trained right, now I'm thinking I'm going to kick butt!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's a week from tomorrow, right? Man, that's so exciting! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

Ok, now I'm crapping bricks, forecast is up to between 80 and 82 degrees for race day (low that morning of only 58) Man! Its going to be hot!!!!

Charles Schulz

A Saucy Wench

Ok, now I'm crapping bricks, forecast is up to between 80 and 82 degrees for race day (low that morning of only 58) Man! Its going to be hot!!!!
                              ugh. There is still time!!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's the Midwest, woman...you KNOW it could be snowing on race day. Still too early to follow the race forecast. Smile

~ Sarah Kay