Marathon Training and Discussions

The weather report (Read 660 times)

A Saucy Wench

10 day forecast - low 52 (ugh) high 62 scattered showers. Could be humid

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's pretty much what I'm looking at, too...60% chance of rain. Crap. Luckily I'm not holding much (if any) stock in the forecast this far out. I won't take it seriously until 3-4 days beforehand.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Zoomie, 10-day forecasts are worthless, all they are is climatological averages. They aren't accurate outside of 4-5 days. Wow, it's getting close. As they said in "Airplane", Good luck, we're all counting on you.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomie, 10-day forecasts are worthless, all they are is climatological averages. They aren't accurate outside of 4-5 days. Wow, it's getting close. As they said in "Airplane", Good luck, we're all counting on you.
          Ha! Yeah, and in this area I don't believe the weather until I see it in my yard. My MIL's vacation place is 8 miles away and she can have vastly different weather there. Snowfall can easily be half or double difference, same with rain...it can be sunny here and rainy there, or vice-versa. Crazy shit.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Yes but it gives me something to obsess over other than the fact that I am gaining weight faster than in my last pregnancy.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes but it gives me something to obsess over other than the fact that I am gaining weight faster than in my last pregnancy.
              (((hugs))) I can totally sympathize...my clothes that were finally getting loose are feelin' a bit snug again. Mutha.... Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

9 day - mostly cloudy 52/63

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

47/62 - 20% chance of precip. Woot. Though overcast would be kinda nice...

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

58 for low--82 and sunny. Ugh

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

58 for low--82 and sunny. Ugh
                      Yuck. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

49°/67° - 20% chance precip. Dang, it's getting warmer. I'd be thrilled for it to not get into the 60s at all. Looks like my cold weather outfit will likely be unnecessary.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

63° 52° 30% chance Getting warmer - i think this is pretty close to what the forecast was last year and it ended up being sunny.

xor

63° 52° 30% chance Getting warmer - i think this is pretty close to what the forecast was last year and it ended up being sunny.
                            It has only rained once for the portland marathon in the last 20 or 30 years... and that year (2000), it stopped right away. Hopefully that trend will continue. Unfortunately, I used up all my good weather mojo yesterday in Bellingham. I am usually known as the bringer of storms and pestilence. So I'll see you on Sunday Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Rain doesnt bother me, especially light rain. Better than sun. I hate sunshine. I am like a vampire. Except without the beauty and speed and drinking blood part. See you sunday hopefully! I'll look for a guy in pink. I havent decided what I am wearing and either way it probably wont be that distinctive. Probably my orange Nike Run Hit wonder shirt. Black shorts. White hat with a green turtle on it. Pretty much what my profile pic has, but different hat.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

52/64 10% chance precip, partly cloudy...getting better! I'm with you, Ennay...overcast would be lovely. Even with a light drizzle.

~ Sarah Kay