Marathon Training and Discussions

Hello quiet people (Read 506 times)

Go Pre!

Who's doin' what this spring? There's gotta be a plethora of marathon training going on around these parts. Topics for discussion: Anyone training differently than they did for previous marathons? Anyone hoping to BQ? Who's running their first? Who is going to juggle the whole way (click) D@VE
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'll be running my first in Oct. Training starts June 1. Currently I am training for my 2nd 25k. My PR should be easy to squash...I'm running easy training runs at a faster pace than my race almost a year ago. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I will be running my first on April 26, 2008. 16 days left Big grin Undecided Confused . Currently starting the taper and some shorter easier miles. I will post the race report after completion. Will be signing up for my second before I run my first so it gives motivation to get back on the horse soon after the the end of the month.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

I just ran ING Atlanta as a training run, and am gearing up for Cox Rhode Island on May 4.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I just finished my first marathon last weekend!! Big grin Woo Hoo!! It was amazing!! Big grin I'm already thinking about doing another one, but I might have to wait a while or my fiance may just leave me. I think I'll do a Nov/Dec/Jan one next time, so I can train through the fall instead of the winter. The weather just about did me in this time. The Maui Marathon and Disney are both on my 30th birthday in January!! That may be a possibility... Hmmm...
            jpnairn

straw man

I ran my 44th marathon on March 30th, the Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon at White Sands Missile Base, New Mexico. It's quite a unique experience. I'm not sure what my 45th will be.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

I ran my 44th marathon on March 30th, the Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon at White Sands Missile Base, New Mexico. It's quite a unique experience. I'm not sure what my 45th will be.
                Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Whoa. That's cool.
                CherryDG

Holy moly that's impressive. I just ran my marathon for the spring on 3/29 (National Marathon). Finished in 4:04 which was better than I expected to do since I ran MCM in October in 4:22. Planning to run Marine Corp again in the fall but have yet to pick a goal. Obvious one would be to finish in under 4 but not sure how much more time I could reasonably take off.
                    I'm still on track to run the Green Bay Marathon on May 18th - just 37 days away!! Ill be topping out my mile over the next couple of weeks and will begin the sweet, sweet taper. This is only my 2nd marathon, so finishing strong is my goal, doing that in less than 4 hours would make me real happy.
                    Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
                      Howdy. I won't run another full until next January. Am starting to train for the America's Finest City Half in August, and will start training for Carlbad 09 in late July. There will be an overlap obviously, but this time, I'll have more mileage under my belt when I start training again for Carlsbad, which will be my 4th.
                      Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                      PWL

Has been

I've got my 2nd race scheduled for Oct 19th. My first one was.......disappointing, shall we say. I'm hoping to go in a little better trained for this one. The Mount Desert Island marathon is supposed to be a pretty hilly course, but it is also a beautiful area, so it should be fun. And it's right up the street from me!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

higa

I'm doing Christchurch (New Zealand) on June 1st. 7 weeks to go. Have a niggley foot pain that i'm just hoping will hold off til then. Long runs are getting pretty hard, not so much physically but rather mentally, just being out there for 3 hours. Finding a route that doesn't back track on itself is getting harder too, i prefer an out and back or a single loop. Blah, blah, blah..... Christchurch is a beautiful city and the route is a two loop course that follows a river so its flat (read fast or in my case less slow!) and very scenic. The only worry is it will be mid winter and Christchurch can be bitterly cold. I live and train in Auckland which has a very temperate climate so won't be acclimatised if the weather is too cold.

Go Pre!

wow, a nice variety of events. PWL, love your forum pic...my favorite movie Smile I am slated for 3 marathons this year, and of course a dozen or so other 5k, 10k and HMs, plus a 2nd of 2 30Ks. Ottawa will be my first marathon of the year, May 25 - a step toward Boston. I need to run 3:20 for Boston. I am aiming for 3:30. The a flat course locally here in Toronto at the end of September for a BQ hopefully. I am also running New York this year either through work as as we are a Travel Partner, or for The Children's Tumour Foundation - I met the guy who started that at the Columbus Marathon. So, should be another busy year. The only difference in my training is 4 and 5 days running per week as opposed to 5 and 6 I did last year. I am running harder though and enjoying the extra rest / cross train day and am very optimistic that I will reach my goals. Remember..."whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right" Wink D
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Remember..."whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right" Wink D
                              I think I'll have a beer... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hawt and sexy

I am hoping to BQ on May 4th in the NJ Marathon. I am not going through a full peak phase this time so it should be a fun race. Just pure LHR stuff whilst training like my first marathon.

I'm touching your pants.