Marathon Training and Discussions

2 days prior to one's first 'thon... (Read 448 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...is it humanly possible to think about something OTHER than the damned race? Gah, this is exhausting. I think I need to go do some Wii bowling or something to distract myself. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Movie....watch a movie, a steamy one if you have to. Dont bowl.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...a movie. Any suggestions. Maybe something funny. Hmmm...that Sarah Marshall movie just came out....

~ Sarah Kay

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Chariots of Fire? Evil grin Forrest Gump?? Evil grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chariots of Fire? Evil grin Forrest Gump?? Evil grin
            Ha! Am I the only one who loved Forrest Gump the first time, then the second time just could not enjoy it?

~ Sarah Kay

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Not me - I notice some new reference every time I watch it (or forget I saw it before and enjoy it again, perhaps Confused). In line with that, at least you're not starting out on this trek: http://www.northjersey.com/news/northernnj/21-year-old_goes_on_trek_to_raise_money.html
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In line with that, at least you're not starting out on this trek: http://www.northjersey.com/news/northernnj/21-year-old_goes_on_trek_to_raise_money.html
                Wow, that guy is brave and/or nuts.

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Ironman. Just out on DVD. You will lose yourself for 2 hours. Hang in there, girl. Have you been to the race expo yet for packet pickup? That is so much fun. Bought myself a Stick. DW was looking for where the batteries go Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ironman. Just out on DVD. You will lose yourself for 2 hours. Hang in there, girl. Have you been to the race expo yet for packet pickup? That is so much fun. Bought myself a Stick. DW was looking for where the batteries go Evil grin
                    Ha! Nope, not been to the expo...have to drive 5-6 hours to Milwaukee, yet. We're leaving in the AM. Gonna get in a short 2 miler (you know, as opposed to a long 2 miler, heh), hit the shower, load the car, then off we go.

~ Sarah Kay

Top 'O the World!

I 2nd Ironman Wink the boys will love it too....
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we're gonna wait on the movie rental thing--too much risk of forgetting to return in the AM. Maybe we'll watch something we already have. Shaun of the Dead is always good for turning the brain off. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Top 'O the World!

we bought the movie @ Circuit City for $13...cause I know the boys will borrow it...
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

I just rented Run Fatboy Run . Thought it might be "inspirational" I've been renting from the redbox at McD's. Limited selection, but convenient. I just got back from the expo. Kinda wish I had planned on buying shoes, they had some good deals. I ended up not even buying a hat which I usually do because none appealed.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

higa

good luck zz. i haven't posted on for ages, lost interest after my June marathon! I hope you have a great time and you are not alone in your taper madness. its called that for a reason. Just to get to the start line as an absloute achievement. You will have had all the advice over the past months so there's nothing more i can add but just to say GO WELL and enjoy yourself.

Top 'O the World!

I just got back from the expo. Kinda wish I had planned on buying shoes, they had some good deals. I ended up not even buying a hat which I usually do because none appealed.
                                I usually buy something! ...the shoes depend on the $$ & the closet....'course @ last year's DM expo had free socks for "trying on" Pearl Izumi's, then more free socks, & t-shirt if you bought one of the discounted prs.! I figured the shoes then cost about $30 that way...then around the corner, another of our running stores had ALL of last year's models for $25 - as an "expo special" Roll eyes ended up w/enough shoes to get me to last month! Big grin