Marathon Training and Discussions

Tapering 101...make that 102 (Read 687 times)

A Saucy Wench

Portland, OR 10/5

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Giants Fan

Okay woman, I'm up first, you'll know my time before I know yours...I'm betting we are very close. I can't wait for the day of the race to just get here! (although I spend the other 1/2 of my time freaking out because its so close) This isn't your first marathon though is it?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

A Saucy Wench

So I am considering a 2 1/2 week taper. Basically holding my volume from this week to next week but front loading the week. Normally I get a little less than 1/2 my weekly miles in on M-Th (45-47%) and the other half on the weekend 2 days. I'm considering next week trying to get maybe 57-60% on the first half of the week and running down from there. Basically throwing in a 14-15 miler on Wednesday. Crazy?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7