Marathon Training and Discussions

Who's training for what now? (Read 614 times)

shonan marathon, girl

Life'sabeach, go to SF and enjoy the race! SmileYou really worked so hard for the R&R marathon, and now you need to reward yourself. Like you said, you have already BQed so there's no pressure on you now. SF is a great town and the cool weather should make the run easier. eispickel, That's exactly it! Take one day at a time - not how many miles per week or how fast. I think all of us here are over-achievers, we really push ourselves too hard! Sometimes we need to take a break and give ourselves a good pat on the back -- You should praise yourself, that's what my sensei reminds me to tell myself. Think about it, most people can't even run 1km and will never run a full marathon. Be proud of yourself! Over 40, I am learning that you need to take more time warming-up, cooling down, and stretching & flexibility is so very important to avoid injury. All the joints start getting stiffer and stiffer! Having good health is absolutely priceless and you have to work hard at keeping it! Not too much of one thing and consistency.

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

PWL

Has been

I have the Maine Marathon October 7th. Should be a good time! Tongue

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Columbus, OH Marathon - Oct. 21. My first. Yeah, baby!
          I've got the Helsinki marathon in 7 weeks. Just getting back into the groove after my last marathon 6 weeks ago. Sorry to hear about your injury Life'sa, take it easy for a week or 2. Enjoy the rest.

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe Missoula in July, Crater Lake and maybe Run with the Horses in August .

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dupont Forest Trail Marathon - Asheville, NC (Early October) Thunder Road Marathon - Charlotte, NC (Early December) Tybee Island Marathon - Savannah, GA (Early Feb) The plan is to use 1, 2 as training runs for #3. That brilliant idea will either a) work or b) make me fall apart.

Go Pre!

Dupont Forest Trail Marathon - Asheville, NC (Early October) Thunder Road Marathon - Charlotte, NC (Early December) Tybee Island Marathon - Savannah, GA (Early Feb) The plan is to use 1, 2 as training runs for #3. That brilliant idea will either a) work or b) make me fall apart.
                The December Trail-a-thon may make parts of your anatomy...um...cold. Seriously, what isthe weather like at that time of year for you? D
                  amcneice - What's the Tybee Island Marathon like? Have you run it before? I'll be down in SC, just off HHI in and around Beaufort from Jul 12-20 for some R&R. Can't seem to find any races around that time. Any suggestions on where to run in the area?
                  scrumhalfgirl

Marine Corp Marathon, Oct 28. HooRah..... Big grin Big grin
                    Me too! It will be my first.

-Jess

scrum..., your going to enjoy it. MCM is a great race for your first. Big grin Remember to enjoy the journey. See you out there......
                      rkeddie

Add me to the Richmond list.
                          The December Trail-a-thon may make parts of your anatomy...um...cold. Seriously, what isthe weather like at that time of year for you? D
                          At worst, right below freezing. At best, it's been in the 70's. South Carolina/North Carolina is nutty around that time, it'll be short weather one week and we'll get ice and one snowflake the next. Averages about 45-48.
                            amcneice - What's the Tybee Island Marathon like? Have you run it before? I'll be down in SC, just off HHI in and around Beaufort from Jul 12-20 for some R&R. Can't seem to find any races around that time. Any suggestions on where to run in the area?
                            Haven't run it bu I'd assume it's flat and fast. That area isn't really my stomping grounds but I'd run either on the beach or the hilton head half course is pretty nice if you can get out of there before all of the traffic.

madness baby

Maybe Missoula in July, Crater Lake and maybe Run with the Horses in August .
                              hey perfesser, I'll be in Missoula that same weekend of the marathon! (for a family wedding- another vacation to keep me from running. . .). Have you decided for sure yet?
                              deb

Marathonmanleto

Detroit Free Press International Marathon...again. BUT BETTER!