Marathon Training and Discussions

Race Coupon Codes (Read 3921 times)

jdmcgregor

All business

Hi. I ran the LA marathon last year, and they just sent out some coupons. In case you're interested: L.A. Marathon - $15 off with code "HEARTLA" Las Vegas Marathon & Half Marathon - $10 off code "HEARTLV" Salt Lake City Marathon - $10 off code "HEARTSLC"

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Go Pre!

My sister lives in LA and wants me to run that marathon, although I have never heard good things about it and Marathon Guide reviews are suspect as well. How did you like it?
      jdmcgregor

All business

LA was alright. I only did it because my brother lives there (free place to stay!) It would have been better if i was in a corral. I had to start with the pack (which included a hugh number of children for some reason), and since it welcomed walkers, i did a lot of weaving in the beginning. I wouldn't run it again. I haven't heard anything good about the Vegas race either.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Go Pre!

haha, I would stay free too! Vegas' highlights seem to only be running down the strip in pre dawn darkness!
            I haven't heard anything good about the Vegas race either. Sad to hear this as we are running it this year...in a couple of weeks actually.
            "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
            Katie H

Chicago winter running

good luck to y'all Hawk Runner- i'm sure you'll enjoy some of it. Also (I used to be a Coloradan), if you've got extra energy, do some hikes in Red Rocks (or climbs, if you're a climber, there's some mellow stuff). Its beautiful and really worth the short trip. either way, good luck on the race!
              We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.
                Thanks for the wishes and hiking tips Katie. I'll let ya knw how the race went.
                "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan