Marathon Training and Discussions

Wow (Read 674 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Turtling up

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

Thanks Birds I appreciate the encouragement.

Arlahile - I ditched the bike tonight and ran 10 instead, Gallowalked 9:1 like Cramel suggested, felt pretty darn good at the end despite the high humidity. Drank 250 calories o fchocholate mile,  like Willamoaa suggsted and now gonna go soak in the tub 

Turtling up

John 

Well day-yum, an extra 10 is one way to go about it! Is that about an equivalent workout (time/effort/??) to what you were planning on the bike? Don't run yourself into the ground!

This thread is really in need of pics. Somehow I don't think *that's* gonna happen!

Arla

Ex runner

Usually my bike ride is 90 minutes plus at about the same effort. Oh the ice bath did wonders! Just have a higher voice now!

Wincie 

So I did a 20 miler on Saturday (gallowalked), faster than I wanted to go, but I completed it. Did the Ice bath afterward and followed Willamona's advice on nutrition. I took Sunday off to recover, however I really wasn't as sore as I thought I would be,  just used to taking the day off after a long run. Today, I am good to go, still feeling it but in a good way.

Thank you for the advice!! 

John