Marathon Training and Discussions

Next Marathon (Read 503 times)

Whats your next Marathon? What are you training for? I have not picked a Spring Marathon yet but I am leaning towards either the Shamrock in Va Beach or the Fiying Pig. I have done the Shamrock before but not the Flying Pig. Anyone got any suggestions....

Cryptic

I am doing the cleveland Ohio marathon on May 20th. Should be interesting.
        I'm doing the Mad City Marathon the Sunday before Memorial Day. It's great because I don't have to go to work the next day - just in case walking is an issue. Jim
        Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
          I'm doing a solo marathon sometime late March. Probably the course of the Diamond Valley Lake Marathon in Hemet, California. Got my own support team set to go (aka hubby on a bike).
          1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
            My next is the Lost Dutchman Marathin in Apache Junction, AZ.
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            Scout7

Trail Triple Crown; not sure if I'm doing the mary or the triple crown event, which is a half, then a 10k, then a 5k, back to back. Week later is the Pocono Mts. Run for the Red Marathon.
                Boogie Marathon in Ellerbe, NC in June. The heat should make it nice and fun.
                  My next marathon is Myrtle Beach on February 17. I did the flying pig in 2005. I liked the race. The fan support was great. The start was the only thing about the race I didn't like. Very congested and not well organized. It took me longer to cross the start line at the Flying Pig with 8000 people than it did at Chicago with 40000 people. Otherwise a fun race to run.
                    I'm doing the Mardi Gras Marathon February 25th

Go Pre!

Ottawa May 27 - Local Running Room Marathon Training group starts soon!
                        Rock n Roll Marathon in San Diego in June

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

Dog-Love

I am not signed up but it will be either the San Francisco marathon (big one, July or the Bizz Johnson Marathon in Susanville (October). I have to decide when to start really training!
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          RUN HARD

Cleveland. It's gonna ROCK!!!
                              Chicago! October 7, 2007... Did the Marine Corps last year and can't wait to IMPROVE my time. If anyone has done Chicago, give me some tips! Smile
                                I just found this forum! I'm training for my second marathon...it will be the Rock n Roll. I did this one last year and loved it! Fortunately, I live here and am familiar with the route. My usual runs are in and around miles 17 to 22 of the Rock N Roll course so I have a chance to get it in my head. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231