Marathon Training and Discussions

Welcome! (Read 1765 times)

Carl A

It's looking good for me to run Pittsburgh in May. I'll try to actually train seriously this time and hopefully PR by like 40 minutes. I'm glad that this group is call "Marathon Training and Discussions." Both of these will help!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Hello All! I am planning to run my first marathon in May 2009. The Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati. Excited and Nervous!

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Go Pre!

Good luck with that Lee. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you out!
        C-R

Joined the group for some other marathoner's experience and so on. Running St. Louis (April), Sunburst (June), Indy (Oct), Louisville (Oct - maybe), Monumental (Nov), HHFM (Nov), Tecumseh (Dec - maybe). Look foward to the conversation(s).

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hi everybody, I'm training for my 3rd marathon - Pittsburgh on May 3, 2009. My first marathon was Disney in Jan. 2003, and my second was Marine Corps in Oct. 2005. This time will be different because I'll be doing most of the training by myself - one running partner isn't running much anymore and the other moved. I hope I can do it on my own!
            chuckstone

Hi to all. Training for my first marathon - Frederick Maryland May 3rd. I've been reading here for a long time and it sure has helped my training. I think I'm gonna make it. Big grin Run well!
              celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Hello all! I'm training for my first marathon, May 3, in Lincoln, NE. Most likely a survival marathon as I'm using it to build base to train for Marine Corps in October. The question: will I survive. Chris

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Oh Mighty Wing

CHRIS - THE ANSWER IS OF COURSE YOU WILL!!!!!

Maniac

I've signed up for my 1st full marathon.  January 17, 2010 in Phoenix (PF Chang's Rock-N-Roll Arizona Marathon).  I've run the half at that race 3 times, but decided to step up to the full this year.

I must be crazy.

Still trying to figure out a training plan....Do I use a Novice or Intermediate plan?  How many miles per week do I need to run?  How many days per week (4 or 5)?  Etc., etc....

Should be fun.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Top 'O the World!

Hey Matt!

Good luck with that!  I dunno where everybody went, but welcome! I'm no expert as I've only just 'survived' one marathon so far...two more on deck in the upcoming few months   (somebody shoot me!) with the carazzzy life I lead, a specific training schedule was beyond a challenge to get through, although I do believe I would have benefited from it immensely...right now, I'm just doing my best to run every day (or nearly so) lots of miles, mostly easy, with some speed work & lengthening my weekend long runs by 2-3 miles every weekend till about two weeks out.  I'm quite sure any coach out there will roll their eyes at me but, it's the best I can do right now.

I know that there are several different training approaches, techniques, plans...if nobody w/more expertise than me gets back to you, try posting over in the main boards in racing

Again, Good Luck!  Enjoy R&R!!  I hear they're fun!

C

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Hi everyone. I'm running my first marathon on May 1, 2010 - the Illinois Marathon. Did the half at the inaugural last year and figured this would be the best race in my area for me to use as a first marathon.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Hello all!

I'm new on here, a Brit, living in Colorado, about to turn 40, aiming for a first marathon next May...

I'm hoping to sneak home in under 3 hours. (I know, I know!) But I managed a sub 1:20 half in June, so there's hope...

Jill_B

I fly.

Greetings!

I've run 7 marathons (NYC 3x, Disney, Flying Monke 2x and Asbury Park Relay - as a team of 1) and just signed up for #8 (Flying Pig).  I'll probably also be running Vermont this spring and POSSIBLY running Ocean Drive.

-Jill

Bring it on.

Hey peeps,

I don't know if I've said hello in here or not, so hello.

Since Summer of 2008, I've been (mostly) away smoking and getting fat again, but I'm back to running and finally decided it's time to finish what I started a couple years ago.

The current plan is to lose 50 pounds while getting back into a decent mileage range. Then start training for either White Rock (Dec 2010) or Cowtown (Feb 2011). The eventual goal is to qualify for Boston, so I need to knock another 34 minutes off my marathon to get there.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Hi I just joined this group because a friend presented me with the idea of doing the 2011 NYC marathon.  I don't know whether or not I will be able to do it, so I will be mostly lurking and gleaning tips from the group.  Thanks for being here.

Gina