Marathon Training and Discussions

2010 Marathon Plans (Read 1164 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Anyone have definite plans? So far I'm booked for:

Phoenix RNR - Jan 17 (fun run)

LA - March 21 (goal race)

Kona - June 27 (hope to survive the heat and humidity/excuse to go to Hawaii).

Looking for something in the fall, was considering Marine Corps - thought is was in October for some reason.

Ex runner

Prince of Fatness

Just one for me in the fall.  Probably Wineglass in October.  I'm going to try to work on the shorter races the first half of the year.

Not at it at all. 

Queen of 3rd Place

Wineglass caught my eye, well actually just the name.

Ex runner

Jill_B

I fly.

So far I just have the pig in May... but I'll probably run Vermont and maybe Ocean Drive... all in the spring.  As for the fall, I'm not sure yet.

Bring it on.

Roses Revenge

I'm registered for Tacoma on 5/2/10 and thinking about doing Portland/Portland in October.  Portland Maine on 10/3 and Portland Oregon on 10/10.  I'll do at least one of them, but not sure which one if I don't do both.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Registered for first marathon (OMG!) - May 1, 2010 - Illinois Marathon in Campaign IL.

Did the half last year and loved it! Course is fast and flat - perfect for a marathon newbie like me.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Hawt and sexy

So far all I have is the NJ Marathon in May.  I will probably do Steamtown again since it is goes literally by my front door.  I don't know if I will race it or pick another fall marathon for a race.  I also still have this VTU thing over my head, so there is that.

I'm touching your pants.

Not yet registered, but Oklahoma City Memorial in April.
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Jill_B

I fly.

I just registered for Vermont.  That makes 2 in May for me.

Bring it on.

Carl A

this VTU thing

I feel strongly that this could be your year.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Queen of 3rd Place

I feel strongly that this could be your year.

Yeah -  'mona - your log is just WOW - you're a machine!!

Adding Las Vegas RNR in December, that makes four this year - more than enough...

Ex runner

My cousin bought me a lottery ticket for NYC. So, if I get picked, I will plan for that one.  No plans for the Spring.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

So far I just have the pig in May... but I'll probably run Vermont and maybe Ocean Drive... all in the spring.  As for the fall, I'm not sure yet.

I'm running the Flying Pig for the first time this  year!  Have you ran this race before?

Yeah -  'mona - your log is just WOW - you're a machine!!

Adding Las Vegas RNR in December, that makes four this year - more than enough...

Ran RNR LV last December....get ready for a good time!! 

I ran a Fat Ass 50k at the end of January.

Right now I'm considering running the new Exeter Marathon the weekend of Boston since I'll already be most of hte way there anyway.  I'm also considering running the Pineland Farms 50k again, although I might opt for the barefoot 5k and 25k races instead.

I'd like to run a fast marathon this Autumn, but I've no plans at this point since I'm not sure what my situation will be in terms of free time/finances/etc.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)