Marathon Training and Discussions

2nd marathon of the year couldn't wait :) (Read 333 times)

Go Pre!

By the way, it's official. I am following up last weekend's marathon with another in 3 weeks. I am following Hal Higdon's multiple marathon (4 weeks apart) program. After yesterday's long run, which felt really good, I am f#@!*& excited already. I know it will be tough, I know the finishing miles will take all I've got + more and a bit more and then some, but I am mentally ready and eager to see what these old bones can do.
      By the way, it's official. I am following up last weekend's marathon with another in 3 weeks. I am following Hal Higdon's multiple marathon (4 weeks apart) program. After yesterday's long run, which felt really good, I am f#@!*& excited already. I know it will be tough, I know the finishing miles will take all I've got + more and a bit more and then some, but I am mentally ready and eager to see what these old bones can do.
      12 days to Hatfield-McCoy for me.

Go Pre!

12 days to Hatfield-McCoy for me.
        good luck! Are you aiming to beat your Flying Pig time?
          good luck! Are you aiming to beat your Flying Pig time?
          Good one. Smile I'm just aiming to keep it under 4 hours.

Go Pre!

Good one. Smile I'm just aiming to keep it under 4 hours.
            Smart Smarter than me I am going to get all stupid in 3 weeks.
              Smart Smarter than me I am going to get all stupid in 3 weeks.
              Oh. This is my non-running self talking, too. My running self may decide that I can break 3:30 that morning. That *would* be stupid

Go Pre!

Oh. This is my non-running self talking, too. My running self may decide that I can break 3:30 that morning. That *would* be stupid
                Somewhere between smart and stupid is a 3:39 - another 8 minute PR...to much to ask? time will tell Smile