Marathon Training and Discussions

Ramping up strength training to occupy my time. (Read 214 times)

I'm doing the hundred pushup program to offset downtime and/or reduced mileage due to injury. Doctor's appointment this morning to have it checked out. I ran my 10k on Friday at 47'47" (80 seconds off PR) on this injury. I still think things are healing, but my ankle pain has been replaced by achilles pain and sharp/burning arch pain. I also have front heel pain that is most noticeable when standing still for long period of time. I'm trying to distract myself from running by taking up any alternative, non-running, physical activity. I'm considering breaking out my Hanon exercises for piano for the next 40 minutes to work my forearm muscles. I spent 40 minutes on the exercise bike yesterday. I don't like it. I want to get out and enjoy running in the 90 degree weather. I'll remember this moment the next time I'm crashing on a hot 20 mile run.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Possibly swimming but skip the flip turns (to avoid the kicking off the wall)? Also, thanks for the pointer to the hundred pushups program -- interesting challenge that I'm intrigued to try Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ok. I'm just paranoid. Tendonitis. 15 mg of Meloxicam once daily, stretch, ice, and don't try to double my mileage by next week.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

> don't try to double my mileage by next week. Is that only for you, or can we borrow that advice to use too? Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

> don't try to double my mileage by next week. Is that only for you, or can we borrow that advice to use too? Smile

Well, considering I was doing 40-45 mpw a month ago, 20 last week was aggravating. Just did what used to be a slow 8 (at 8'47"). Leg muscles, heart, and lungs weren't happy. Granted, 73'F and 83% humidity. I'm going to have several weeks of these aggravatingly slow runs, I think.

Oh Mighty Wing

you will get there! Try not to get too frustrated - happy thoughts go a whole lot farther on the road to healing! I know I was layed-off in February and was put on a very strict come-back in march. If I didn't find positive it would have been 2 months of pure hell.