Marathon Training and Discussions

So soooo...tired (Read 922 times)

Hahahahahaha...you're very funny. I only wish I could keep from eating enough (and then some) to support my mileage. Evil grin
    How's your beer? Are you drinking enough to support this kind of mileage? Just askin'.
    zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

Hmmm...I haven't had a beer in probably almost a week. No I shared a bottle of wine with my hubby this weekend and It gave me the worst hangover (second time this has happened with this wine, so we won't be buying it again--too bad, 'cause it's a nice one), so I haven't been eager to drink anything since. Dead

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

• Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever.

• Rebuild to racing and big running & biking miles in 2019

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

A bit of an update and a big thanks to Willamona for suggesting the anemia thing. Since then I have been taking an extra dose of iron each day and it really seems to be making a difference. I no longer feel like I'm in such an overtired fog on my runs. Today's run was kinda mediocre, but that had more to do with Spring allergy/asthmatic lungs than anything. Last week was my highest mileage week ever and I finished it with a 15k PR on a brutal course. Now I just need to go to bed earlier every night (damned second wind around 9-10pm), since I always seem to wake early, regardless of what time I go to bed. Just imagine how much better my running would be if I routinely got 8-9 hours of sleep, instead of only 6-7. Tongue

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay

Hawt and sexy

Cool. Now just tell me if the night cramps go away. If they do I will just try daily iron this summer.

I'm touching your pants.

zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

So far, so good. I don't have night cramps real often...they seem to go in spurts. I haven't had any in a while...*knocks on wood*

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

So far, so good. I don't have night cramps real often...they seem to go in spurts. I haven't had any in a while...*knocks on wood*
              Hmmmm....my night cramps also come in spurts - I too haven't had any in a while ... *knocks on wood*

straw man

Hmmmm....my night cramps also come in spurts - I too haven't had any in a while ... *knocks on wood*
                Sometimes you have to keep knocking for a while. That's been my experience anyway.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

Go Pre!

yet, sometimes there's no wood until the knocking starts. A vicious cycle I say.
                  zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

I am no longer certain what this thread is really about.... Evil grin

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

yeaaahhhhh riiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhtt

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

Shy <--- innocent...angelic, even innocent...angelic,=""></--- innocent...angelic, even>

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Shy <--- innocent...angelic,=""></--->
                          Snortworthy to say the least. Stick with beer - better carb value especially if its a stout or a decent Belgian trappist. Good to see the iron seems to help. I've had to start again since I upped miles. Seems like it takes a bit for the body to get used to more miles before leveling off.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Go Pre!

Zoom Zoom has been kidnapped and brainwashed fo sho fo sho
                            zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

Zoom Zoom has been kidnapped and brainwashed fo sho fo sho
                              This suggests that I HAVE a brain to wash...heh.Tongue

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

Princess Cancer Pants

Good to see the iron seems to help. I've had to start again since I upped miles. Seems like it takes a bit for the body to get used to more miles before leveling off.
                                It really seems to have helped a lot. I think it's been about 3 weeks since I upped the iron and the difference is marked. I ran my highest mileage in 7 consecutive days as of Weds. (56+ miles) and I feel fabulous! Big grin

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

~ Sarah Kay