Marathon Training and Discussions

All you Spring marathon people stink! (Read 597 times)

Dave

Aww...hell, no! No way to get 20 milers in with the crappy stuff on the ground. I've been barely managing 10-11 mile long runs with this stuff.
    You don't need 20's to run a good half. You might want a 14 thrown in there but you really need a few faster 7's and 8's. It really makes sense. - You run faster on your training runs. - You generate more heat. - You stay warmer. - You're done faster. Just give in and sign up. I've heard the National Marathon/Half Marathon in March is a great race Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I did Bayshore in late May I would do the full...can't justify the expense and drive to do a HM, kwim? I was looking at Higdon's Int. 2 plan and realized that the mileage for Jan. is actually less than what I was planning on, anyhow...so it's becoming more and more tempting. Doing those 20s in the Spring actually seems pretty appealing...beats 20s in August! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

See, now you are starting to think like the rest of us crazies!!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Queen of 3rd Place

I would think that the snow running should "count" as more miles than they are....maybe think about how much time you're running vs. distance? Or....dare I say d-d-dreadmill? Scary! Shocked Or... you could move to my neck of the woods, we have perfect running weather now. Of course you have to enjoy 112 in the summer. Big grin Arla

Ex runner

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or....dare I say d-d-dreadmill? Scary! Shocked
            Hell, no...then I'd lose all my HTFU points for the year! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I'm starting to get the "maybe I should register for a May marathon...I can handle 2 marathons in 1 year" insanity. Thanks a lot you jerks. Tongue
              Zoomy, if it makes you feel any better, I very well may run 2 marathons this Spring. (Plus, a 50 miler in January.) No concrete plans yet for an Autumn Marathon, but there will probably be one.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but you're nearly certifiable, Blaine...though not quite as far off the deep end as jscovill, heh. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I would think that the snow running should "count" as more miles than they are....maybe think about how much time you're running vs. distance? Or....dare I say d-d-dreadmill? Scary! Shocked Or... you could move to my neck of the woods, we have perfect running weather now. Of course you have to enjoy 112 in the summer. Big grin Arla
                  I would LOVE the dreadmill at this point. Fucking gym. I am so ready to demand my money back.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Fucking gym.
                    Where do I sign up for that gym??

A Saucy Wench

I've heard most major cities have them, you just need to know where to look.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I've heard most major cities have them, you just need to know where to look.
                        I must be looking in all the wrong places. In too many faces.

A Saucy Wench

I must be looking in all the wrong places. In too many faces.
                          My advice is to be searchin their eyes and looking for traces. (eeeeew)

I'm going for 2 next year as well, June & September. can't wait ... Smile

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR