Marathon Training and Discussions

Anyone doing Cincinnati's Flying Pig on May 4th? (Read 261 times)

Sure to be a good time!!
    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
    Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

It *is* a good time! I ran the half last year... in a pink tutu and feather boa, pig nose/ears/tail. My RBs ran the full, so I paced a couple of them at the start, and met them again near the finish. I've never had so much fun at a race!

Jeanne

Twas a great day - organizers handled a 5 AM fire on the course route quickly and efficiently (even though I didn't like the extra .5 mile) - weather and crowds were great! Hope your marathons are going welll! PS - Mum - I think your picture was posted at the expo - or someone who could be related to you!
          Yep... killed my PR by 55 minutes.
            Awesome - how'd you like the extra 1/4 mile pm tp[ pf tjat? l
              Actually mile 24 was demoralizing, The extra distance at the end didn't throw me off too badly.

Go Pre!

Seriously...awesome.
                Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

lisak - Didn't know my pic made it to the expo.... kewoool! I'll probably wear the costume next year as a relay team member. Ya'll sure had beautiful weather for the race and you didn't even get charged for the extra 0.25m. Big grin

Jeanne

Ya'll sure had beautiful weather for the race and you didn't even get charged for the extra 0.25m. Big grin
                    Indeed. I ran my first ultra and didn't even know it. Must be one of the world's biggest ultras.