Marathon Training and Discussions

Marine Corps Marathon 08 (Read 215 times)

Kimmie

Who's in? I can't believe I bit the bullet and signed up today. Hoping to BQ this time around and it will be nice to be local.

Future running partner.

Hey Kimmie, I plan on running it myself, although I have yet to bite the bullet yet. Undecided

I'm not running this year, but I ran it last year and had a great time. I set my (then) PR there.
        Hey Kimmie, I plan on running it myself, although I have yet to bite the bullet yet. Undecided
        If you want to run, register early. It closes out fast.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

Kimmie, I ran it in '06 and it's really a memorable race. Enjoy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kimmie

I didn't mention that this was my first marathon in 04, so it definitely holds some memories for me. I've done 5 total and I had said that I wasn't going to repeat marathons, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to just stay local this year.
              I'm in. Gulp.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs