Marathon Training and Discussions

Not running is harder than running far (Read 173 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, tomorrow is a day off, so is Friday. This week, longest run is 7. I swear not running, not running far is harder than running a 22 miler!!! I am going crazy. Feel all antsy, want to go run tomorrow even though I'm not supposed to. I'M GOING TO GO INSANE THIS WEEK!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Let's go shopping! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

Oh don't tempt me girl. I'm telling you. I went yesterday and came home with a new running outfit!!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have found that if I do intervals, or rather repeats, of not running, then it gets much easier Smile But I've been unable to figure out how to make running long easier for me...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

Apparently this is not true for me. I woke up this morning BEFORE my alarm, knew I would not get back to sleep and went "eh - I dont feel like running". So I didnt. This is what happens to me in taper. I lose all interest in running completely. And today is really the first day of taper. Roll eyes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Giants Fan

Ok Ennay we need to switch attitudes. I was up an hour and half before my alarm (when I usually get up) and thought, man I feel good, I'm up, why not run???

Charles Schulz