Marathon Training and Discussions

Feeling more confident now (Read 173 times)

Giants Fan

Longest run to date today...18 miles! I'm training for a Sept. marathon and am planning on working up to the full 26 mile distance beforehand. Now that I've got 18 under my belt, 20 doesn't seem so bad. I'm thinking this is going to be completely possible!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are gonna do great! I'm hoping to do a 22 beforehand, but I will be happy to just get a couple of 20s. Right now I'm looking at 2 20s and a 22, but I'd be fine with 2-3 20s, too. I've always run the full distance of a race before the race, so the "unknown" aspect of marathon training that typically maxes at 20 miles for the longest run is gonna feel a bit weird, I think.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

Congratulations on another distance PR! Which marathon are you doing?

Jeanne

Think Whirled Peas

That's great! Yeah, if you're hitting 18 miles already you'll be good to go for a September marathon, methinks.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

You'll be in great shape for September. Nice work!

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I've always run the full distance of a race before the race, so the "unknown" aspect of marathon training that typically maxes at 20 miles for the longest run is gonna feel a bit weird, I think.
              I wouldn't worry about it - if you can do 20-22 you can do 26.2.
              Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"