Marathon Training and Discussions

Hello quiet people (Read 506 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Also in for Grandma's. My training has been extremely inadequate so I'll be aiming for survival.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The training is going good except my left knee has been getting a little achy for the past week or 2. It hurts for the first half mile and then is fine. That knee is the one that gave me trouble with ITBS just before my last marathon so I'm watching it closely. Other than that I think I'm actually on pace for my highest monthly mileage ever this month, and next month should be even more. I definitely feel like this could be a very good race for me.
      I'm in a similar boat. I think I'll hit 200 miles for April, which'll be a high for me, and I also expect to set a new high in May. It's funny (probably not the right word) every time a feel a little pop or whatever, I wonder if this is the injury that'll slow my roll. If I can get to the line healthy, and there really is no objective reason to think I won't, I too should have a very good race. Good luck to you.
      Also in for Grandma's.
      Cool. Have you guys run Grandma's before?
        Also in for Grandma's. My training has been extremely inadequate so I'll be aiming for survival.
        Big grin Big grin This just makes me smile.
        protoplasm72

Have you guys run Grandma's before?
          Nope, first time for me. PerfesserR, good luck with surviving. Big grin

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Imminent Catastrophe

... Have you guys run Grandma's before?
            Nope, first time. But I've heard so many good things about it. I hope it's not sweltering hot like the last two years. MTA there is a Grandma's Marathon user group too, it's pretty quiet.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

PerfesseR, what other races do you have coming up? You always run the coolest marathons. Anything exotic or interesting? I'm living vicariously...

Imminent Catastrophe

PerfesseR, what other races do you have coming up? You always run the coolest marathons. Anything exotic or interesting? I'm living vicariously...
                I wish. This year is pretty boring compared to last, I'm doing Grandma's in June, in the lottery for NYCM, and other than that I'm undecided Wink. Maybe Chicago, or Chickamauga, but nothing exotic. I changed jobs so I don't travel to those great international locations any more. I really hope I can get back into the marathon-a-month groove, then I can start thinking about exotic races again.

Giants Fan

Signing up for my first marathon --race is September 28th...start training middle of May. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz