Marathon Training and Discussions

Next marathons? (Read 525 times)

Daddyo asked this in a thread, but I think it deserves its own thread. What are your 2nd half marathon plans? I've narrowed things down to: Louisville Marathon - October 8th (also U.S. Military Marathon Championships this year) Flying Monkey - November 23rd Memphis Marathon - December 6th Dallas White Rock Marathon - December 14th... Would have to figure out how to make this work with it being the weekend of my wife's birthday if I did it.

As of this moment, no plans for a marathon for the rest of the year. I've already run 2 in 2 new states, so I have my quota for the year. If I get my sub-16:00 5k monkey off of my back early enough, then I might jump into a local marathon for some fun (and profit?) My next "marathon" that I'm planning on is Running from an Angel on January 3rd, a 50 mile race about 30 minutes outside of Vegas. I'd like to set the course record.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

Mount Desert Island Marathon in October. My training has sucked thus far. We'll see what happens.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

protoplasm72

My next marathon is going to be Chicago in October. I'm currently looking for a good January/February marathon for after that.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm hoping for Flying Monkey. It'll be my first - one day i hope to be beastly like you and run many.

Future running partner.

I am definately going to do City of Oaks in Raleigh NC which is Nov 3rd. I am contemplating the Baltimore Marathon in October. Either one will be my first full mary. My current priority right now is not to train for a race but to build up a real solid base by very carefully increasing my mileage then slowly increasing my aerobic pace. Depending on how much I am able to advance in my training will determine if I can run an earlier mary then City of Oaks.
              runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I will be running my second of the year and my first big marathon, Twin Cities Marathon in October. I am hoping to get in the 3:15 range.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Hawt and sexy

I am running Steamtown in October with friends. It's the home mary. I am planning tentatively on racing the Marshall University Marathon in November.

I'm touching your pants.

Go Pre!

I have changed my thoughts on fast marathons and will focus on multiples. Next year I will look to faster times. So, this year, so far I have done 2 and will add: Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sept 28 Toronto International Marathon - Oct 19 Hamilton Marathon OR NYC Marathon - Nov 2 Las Vegas Marathon - Dec 2 (Depending on travel funds)

Oh Mighty Wing

attempting MM status?

Go Pre!

attempting MM status?
                        Big grin unfortunately I missed out on triple digits....it's in the thousands now. After running the last 2 close together, I really got the bug. I enjoyed the 2nd one so much even though it was 4 minutes short of a PR
                          I have changed my thoughts on fast marathons and will focus on multiples. Next year I will look to faster times. So, this year, so far I have done 2 and will add: Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sept 28 Toronto International Marathon - Oct 19 Hamilton Marathon OR NYC Marathon - Nov 2 Las Vegas Marathon - Dec 2 (Depending on travel funds)
                          Toronto has that many Marathons that close together? My cousin's on assignment in Sarnia, so I had talked about the possibility of going up there. Unfortunately, this year wouldn't a good time to venture far from home--White Rock is unlikely unless I get a pass and/or the company pays me to be down in Dallas already.

Go Pre!

Toronto has that many Marathons that close together? My cousin's on assignment in Sarnia, so I had talked about the possibility of going up there. Unfortunately, this year wouldn't a good time to venture far from home--White Rock is unlikely unless I get a pass and/or the company pays me to be down in Dallas already.
                            Yup, and many HM options as well. The Hamilton is an old one that has been revived. The Waterfront and International ones compete against each other. they never should have allowed the 2nd one to start up (Waterfront) It has diluted them to a point there is no real 'big' event here.
                              Yup, and many HM options as well. The Hamilton is an old one that has been revived. The Waterfront and International ones compete against each other. they never should have allowed the 2nd one to start up (Waterfront) It has diluted them to a point there is no real 'big' event here.
                              It's nice to have smaller events in big cities, though. The Kentucky Derby Festival mini/Marathon has gotten too big for my tastes. I prefer <10,000. in fact, in the 100s isn't bad. in="" fact,="" in="" the="" 100s="" isn't=""></10,000. in fact, in the 100s isn't bad.>

Las Vegas Marathon - Dec 2 (Depending on travel funds)
                                If you wait an extra month, you can do the Running from an Angel (marathon option) and support a small local race rather than a corrupt race where the local vendors don't get paid for 2 years if they do get paid. If you do decide to run the Vegas marathon, wait as long as possible to register in case they go under so that you don't have to eat your fees.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)