Marathon Training and Discussions

International Marathoning - Let's have a fun! (Read 371 times)

I signed up for Tokyo last year, but couldn't get my company to pay my way. Probably just as well, as it pissed rain all day. It is a great course, so recommend the gang to follow the links below. ////////// Newsletter from Tokyo Marathon 2008 ////////// Dear Marathon Friends, This is to inform you that Tokyo Marathon 2008 will be held on Sunday,February 17, 2008. Registration for Tokyo Marathon 2008 JUST started !! Please click here and register NOW!!! http://www.tokyo42195.com *You will be moved to Tokyo Marathon official site after you clicked the above URL. *Registration site will be open until August 17, 2007. Let's have a fun and enjoy running in big city, Tokyo. If you have any questions, please contact us. tokyomarathon-entry@jtb.jp Sincerely, Tokyo Marathon 2008 Office

Go Pre!

IF I can ever afford the costs, and time, I plan to run a lot of international marathons. Great Wall, Paris, London, Berlin, Honolulu, and yes Tokyo would be nice. It's not in the cards for this year though. D
        IF I can ever afford the costs, and time, I plan to run a lot of international marathons. Great Wall, Paris, London, Berlin, Honolulu, and yes Tokyo would be nice. It's not in the cards for this year though. D
        Ditto here. I would love to travel and run. In fact, we're already planning a family reunion in Oregon around a marathon in Juneau, 2008.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

I highly recommend doing international marathons, it's quite an experience. I did the Tiberias (Israel) marathon and Mumbai (India) Marathons in January. Both unforgettable. My next is Loch Ness in October.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

KAJ

I highly recommend doing international marathons, it's quite an experience. I did the Tiberias (Israel) marathon and Mumbai (India) Marathons in January. Both unforgettable. My next is Loch Ness in October.
            All the best for Loch Ness, it was due to be my first but I've had to pull out! Bit gutted as I really wanted my first to be in Scotland. However, I'm now planning on running the Bermuda Marathon in Jan instead and tie in a visit with my best friend who lives out there plus celebrate my birthday 2 days after the race if I'm up to it! Has anyone run the Bermuda Marathon before?

shonan marathon, girl

I won a spot for the Tokyo Marathon to be held next February 2008! There were 150,000 applicants, 25,000 spaces for 42k run, 5,000 spaces for 10k run. This year's race weather was horrible, but I think that the bad weather won't repeat itself. Another good thing about the Tokyo marathon is that this is a qualifying race for the Boston marathon too. The future of the Shonan Marathon which is held in my neighborhood is in jeapordy due to half of the ocean highway being washed out by a typhoon in September. Not sure if the repairs will be finished by March 2008. My broken toe is finally healed and I started training last week. I have a long way to go to get back to my previous condition but I am going to take my time doing it. Exercise last week was an 18k trail run at Ashinoko in Hakone followed by the hot springs, then a 1200m triathlon swim and 91k road bike to Manazuru peninsula and back. I can't tell everyone how great it feels to have sore muscles from exercising! No exercise for 2 months is my absolute limit!

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

derek

Well, you are running an international marathon this year....in the US. Or does that not count :-) Derek

Derek