Marathon Training and Discussions

Yonkers (Read 587 times)

Willa, you're right about Asbury Park.  I hear the weather was rough last year. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hawt and sexy

I dunno, I wasn't there, but I remember considering it. It has to be a flat course. I have done the Long Branch one and you can run from Long Branch to Asbury Park, maybe even on the beach, so the terrain has to be the same. October is hit and miss weather pretty much anywhere. I should look at reviews and see if I should consider it for this year.

I'm touching your pants.

Sounds good. Please let me know if you are going to register. 

I registered for Asbury Park last night. 

On On

I registered for Asbury Park last night. 

I could possibly add this to my calendar.  I am the RD of a 50K the night before so I don't know how much that would take out of me emotionally and physically.  Race day takes a lot to put on and the 50K is an all day event.

It'd be nice to get a good contingent together though to "race" each other.

I assume you registered for the race as an individual (since it is a relay marathon).

I did, boss. 

On On

I forget what your requirements were, does this one work for you?  It can't be more than 30 mins from your house.

I may do it.  It is on a weekday (always on Sri Chinmoy's birthday) so I'd have to take a vacation day but I heard it is very well run.

That was my first choice, but for the fact that it's on a Tuesday. Seriously?

On On

I think it is cool to have a race on your birthday.

Hawt and sexy

Yeah, Asbury Park is in the running for me.  I have Steamtown the weekend before, but I just suck at running downhill races, so I should just do Stamtown as a long run. I might be able to race Asbury. That is if you use the word race loosely.  heh

I'm touching your pants.