Marathon Training and Discussions

Next marathons? (Read 525 times)

Go Pre!

If you wait an extra month, you can do the Running from an Angel (marathon option) and support a small local race rather than a corrupt race where the local vendors don't get paid for 2 years if they do get paid. If you do decide to run the Vegas marathon, wait as long as possible to register in case they go under so that you don't have to eat your fees.
    Following some friends there. Not really sure if they'll change their minds.
      Coming up: Deseret News - July 24 Park City - August 23 Top of Utah - September 20 St. George - October 4 As for Daddyo--if you don't have a choice, I guess you'll have to run LV. Once you get off the strip, though, you run through some pretty tired neighborhoods. The Running from an Angel, IMHO, is far more scenic.
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      jpnairn

straw man

10/5/08 Twin Cities Marathon 12/6/08 Death Valley Marathon 12/7/08 Las Vegas Marathon Looking forward mainly to the "Desert Double" in Death Valley and Vegas.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

10/5/08 Twin Cities Marathon 12/6/08 Death Valley Marathon 12/7/08 Las Vegas Marathon Looking forward mainly to the "Desert Double" in Death Valley and Vegas.
          Sounds insane. Have fun!
            Started 18/70 today for San Antonio in November. Then Houston in January and Boston. Hope to get below 3:20 before Boston.

crb81 2008 goals sub-20 5k, sub-43 10k, 1:35 half, 3:20 marathon

Pikes PEak this coming Sunday (17th) Shocked Denver sometime mid October. Want one more before the end of the year, just not sure which one.
              "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan

Go Pre!

Coming up: As for Daddyo--if you don't have a choice, I guess you'll have to run LV. Once you get off the strip, though, you run through some pretty tired neighborhood.
                Looks like were doing this. a half a dozen peeps doing the hal, 3 of us doing the full. Will make the best of it, run easy and enjoy the trip. Maybe even get really drunk.

Dave

I'm signed up for: USMC - Oct 27 National - March 21 My wife asked me tonight if I wanted to run Disney in January. May have to consult the finance committee but I've heard its great.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm signed up for: USMC - Oct 27 National - March 21 My wife asked me tonight if I wanted to run Disney in January. May have to consult the finance committee but I've heard its great.
                    I think Disney is closed. Might want to check that out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Kimmie

MCM- 10/26 Myrtle Beach- 2/14 Had a great 16 miler today... nice and cool- low humidity. yea!
                      Kimmie

MCM- 10/26 Myrtle Beach- 2/14 Had a great 16 miler today... nice and cool- low humidity. yea! I just checked... Disney is 85% full but not closed yet.... I'm debating on running this one as well... but it may be too much... money and wear and tear on me.

Dave

I think Disney is closed. Might want to check that out.
                          Half is full. Guess I'll have to give up on the Goofy Challenge Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

xor

Half is full. Guess I'll have to give up on the Goofy Challenge Wink
                            Given the winky, I dunno how serious this response was, but I'll add info for those interested. If you want to run Goofy, you have to sign up for Goofy. Even if the half and full are still open, you can't register for those a la carte (individually) and get the special Goofy bib, Goofy medal, and Goofy's Wild Sex Party afterwards. Goofy registration always fills up early; this year it was ridiculously early. Like, a month after it opened. The half generally sells out by early summer. The full sells out by early fall (I checked last week it was at 70%). Registration for the following year has opened on race weekend of the current year for at least the last few. To get into Goofy for 2008, I registered the day of the half in 2007. That's crazy-early from a planning perspective. The Disney races are fun, but after 3 Goofys, I'm done with that for awhile. They really REALLY soak you for money. For every little thing. And it gets worse every year. GAH. Disney is the only race I know where "new shirt design this year!" and "new medal design this year!" are viewed as selling points. For most races, they'd be code for "we're too lazy each year to come up with something new and we don't have to anyway 'cause we always sell out." (I like the races A LOT. Very frustrated by The Mouse, though.)

Dave

The wink only meant that I probably couldn't do it anyway. Maybe next year. I've got to build up to that.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

11/15 Richmond for me