Marathon Training and Discussions

LA Marathon 2011 (Read 538 times)

gohmdoree

I was thinking of signing up for the LA Marathon in 2011 for my first.  By any chance there any coupons?  Kind of steep I think.

jdmcgregor

All business

"heartla" used to save me 15 dollars, though doesn't appar to do so this year.

This was a good course, but no marathon (in my opinion) is worth a $156 entry fee.  LA is definitly overrated

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Queen of 3rd Place

Geez! That's spendy!

The new course was good. I was surprised at the crowd support. Everything else about the race was pretty much botched: horrible expo, disastrous shuttle service, delayed start, porta-pot snafus...I could go on. You might want to give them a couple years to see if they can sort it all out before forking over that kind of cash.

Ex runner

Hawt and sexy

Not that I would have to worry about it, but isn't this the marathon that couldn't pay it's winners for a year or two?

I'm touching your pants.

On On

I was thinking of signing up for the LA Marathon in 2011 for my first.  By any chance there any coupons?  Kind of steep I think.

You know there is a Marathon that same weekend in your home state.

Cheaper by a lot -

- no cross country flight

- no hotel

- cheaper registration

Just sayin... check out the NJ Ultra Festival

Queen of 3rd Place

Not that I would have to worry about it, but isn't this the marathon that couldn't pay it's winners for a year or two?

New owner (Frank McCourt, also the owner of the Dodgers) - it was Devine that had the problems paying up (I think there was even a rumor that the port-a-pot folks didn't get paid). 

Ex runner