Marathon Training and Discussions

Anyone else training for their first marathon? (Read 581 times)

...---...

I'm technically training for my first half on my way to my first marathon. It still counts right?? Wink POA: 1/2 in March (Caesar Rodney), Full in Nov. (Phila.)
    As far as I'm concerned it counts. Kinda the same thing I'm doing. stay healthy and motivated. Happy running.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Hallo, This year I've run around 2000 km in 14-15 countries, I believe. Whenever the security is more or less guaranteed I run outside, otherwise it's gym-time. Though it's not always easy to find the time, well at least when staying in hotels you don't have to arrange your room, prepare breakfast, dinner ... so there is always some time in the day to put the shoes on and get moving Smile

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

evillee

HOPEFULLY, I will do my first marathon at Philly. I have to start and get off my butt and restart my running. I had a shift change to the night shift that hopefully will be ending soon. If so I plan on doing Broad Street in May, a HM in the Philly Distance run and end the year with the Philly Marathon. One step at a time I plan on using LHR training to help me achieve those goals.

Oh Mighty Wing

evilee - that's my plan - well with a half in march thrown in for good measure! haha Stay healthy and good luck!
          SeaMeg

I am running my first marathon on April 6 - Paris! I spent 10-weeks building up some base miles, and now am in my 2nd of a 16-week training plan. Feeling great and strong. Though slow... still a very slow runner : ) Anyone done Paris? Alone? I'd love to hear about others' experiences there.
            Travis Groom

I'm training for my first full marathon in May (Vancouver.) Started running seriously when a friend mentioned, "Hey, let's go to Vegas, and they have this half-marathon...let's run that." Well, it's Vegas...and the run seemed to give the trip some sort of purpose. And now I'm a running addict.
              Dutchie42

Yes, me! My marathon is on 11 May in Vise, Belgium. And it scares me to death. But I'm going for it. I have been building up to this for years. Going from 5K's to 10K's, 10-milers, half marathons and last September a 30K. I sort of thought if I can do 30K, I can do a marathon with proper training. Right?!

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

pandajenn19

I am training for my first, although I've been a bit hesitant to mention it. Why? Oh, because it's coming up in 8 weeks, and I know I will not be anywhere near as prepared as I would like to be. Shy But, I had no intention of going until a friend convinced me to road trip with her, so it's been relatively last minute training. I've shifted all my miles to on foot instead of part cycling, and wanted to take a while to give my soft tissues time to adapt. And, my friend is actually a marathon walker (less than 15 min/mile which is insane to me), so I decided if she is walking the whole distance, there is no shame in me walking a couple of miles if I have to. Smile My only goal is to finish in under 6 hours, and as of now I see no reason why I won't be able to. Guess it all depends on how the next 8 weeks go! Good luck to everyone else training for their first!

...---...

Walking during runs allows for sufficient refueling...I can eat 1/2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in less than 1/4 mile while walking. Oh, but you don't want to be behind me later...

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12