Marathon Training and Discussions

Who's Marathoning Next Year?? (Read 815 times)

db7

I am planning to run the Denver Marathon but not until October. Just wondering who's getting ready for next year.

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

So far I'm registered for: Surf City USA Marathon 2/03/08 Boston Marathon 4/21/08 Will register for: San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon 6/01/08 San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon (Inagural!!) 11/08 I did 4 half marathons this year and just can't seem to fit any in next year. There's also a 50k I'm toying with but it's in March and that might be pushing it. So many races, so little time! Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

I am I am. I'm looking to do Long branch NJ in May. MAY due El Scorcho 50k in July. Steamtown in October and The Monkey in November. If I don't do El Scorcho I may do Little Lehigh Marathon again this year.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I've signed up for the Mississauga Marathon on 5/11/08. Will most certainly run a second in the Fall, but haven't settled on anything as yet.
          Carl A

Pocono, May 4.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Miami, January 27th. Smile
                I'm planning for Cowtown for sure - haven't signed up for anything yet though. The rest are sort of penciled in. November's selection will have to be narrowed down to one - based on what happens between now and then - training and life-wise. Cowtown Marathon - 2/23/08 Grasslands (Trail) Marathon 3/22/08 El Scorcho 50K - 7/20/08 Palo Duro Trail Run 50K - 10/08 Rockledge Rumble (Trail) 50K - 11/08 Ultracentric 12 Hour Event - 11/08 The Monkey - 11/08 Sunmart Texas Trail Endurance Run (50 Miler) 12/08

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

db7

Dang, you people are serious!! I am planning to run the Wild West Relay as well but some of you are getting busy. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Planning on the Grand Rapids Marathon in late Oct. I will register in May at the Fifth-Third Riverbank Run expo, then the price is at it's lowest and they usually knock an extra $5 off the price at the Expo. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oklahoma City Marathon in April. Pikes Peak (?) in August. Shocked Maybe the Wild West Relay, but DW thinks we should skip this year and go again in ’09. Undecided
                      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
                      db7

Hawk, How was the Wild West? Heard a lot of good things. Think I have put together an ultra team. Should be good if the weather cooperates. DB

Burninated Peasant

Count me in for a subset of Bonkin's schedule. Most likely Cowtown, El Scorcho 50k, and either Rockledge or Ultracentric 6hr.
                            Count me in for a subset of Bonkin's schedule. Most likely Cowtown, El Scorcho 50k, and either Rockledge or Ultracentric 6hr.
                            Haha! Bonkin may be in for a subset of Bonkin's schedule, too!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Go Pre!

2 or 3, depending on timing, travel funds, injuries Smile If 3, they will be out of towners, early spring, early fall and late fall / early winter. Otherwise it looks like Mississauga in may is a possibility with Tuf, and then something in the fall.
                              runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I plan on running two: My first ever April 26, 2008, in Minot ND. Then trying for a second September 20, 2008, in Bismarck ND.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre