Marathon Training and Discussions

What do all you long distance runners do for chafing of the inner thighs? (Read 1020 times)

I'm not a big guy but also chafe after 4 or 5 miles. I use Body Glide now and you can buy it @ Olympia and it does not stain your clothes.
    Mysecondnewname

I really like a product called "Blue Steel".   Doesn't stain clothing like Body Glide and lasts and lasts (a little goes a long way).  Smells good too! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Steel-Sports-Anti-Chafe-Cream/dp/B001JK6N3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353974164&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+steel+chafing

I do use Body Glide on my feet before races.

I use Aquaphor.  Essentially like Vasoline, but I like the little squirt tubes it comes in.

For nipples, I have a box of little round band aids.  My wife likes to make fun of me when I forget to take them off. Smile

Mostly harmless

For really long runs I use nu-skin on my nipples and that never fails. Body glide down south and between my toes. 

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Body Glide.

Strict WTF adherent

Diaper cream

Coastal

2 in 1 compression shorts.  They look like regular shorts but have compression shorts underneath.  Much better than the usual liners.  Body glide for whatever the compression shorts can't fix.

vegefrog

I just use the cheapest solid stick of deodorant I can find. I put it wherever I might chafe, which is usually on my back where the top of my tights or shorts hits and underneath my sports bra.

It works great and it's a lot cheaper then name brand Body Glide or Anti Chafe products Smile

Sayhey! MM#130

Great ideas; I also carry a tube of chapstick--it's small, and you can use it as lube.

Also-if it's a hot day, start by using the chapstick just above your eyebrows, as it will help a bit with keeping sweat out of your eyes.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)