Marathon Training and Discussions

Marathon decisions (Read 219 times)

Even before I ran my first marathon I've been thinking about my second. Clowning around At first I was going to run Chicago but then I found out how much the hotels are there ($260-300) and how they aren't the greatest. I've also been thinking about the inaugral San Antonio RNR in November and my decision as been made. From where I live, I can drive to San Antonio, the race/expo hotel is only $169-ish a night with a kitchen in it so I can bring my own pre race food and cook it there. Plus it would be my second Rock and Roll event so I will get a special medal for that and it would be really neat to say that I ran an "inaugral" race such as that. Needless to say San Antonio has my vote!! Is anyone else planing to run that one as well?
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

I ran the San Antonio Marathon a few years ago, but it wasn't an RNR event at that point. The food afterwards was great, but I'm not a huge fan of two loopers. Not sure if this is the same course or not though.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)