Marathon Training and Discussions

Packing list (Read 1602 times)

I'm heading off to Phoenix tomorrow morning for my Marathon on Sunday, and here's my list: Carry-on bag: shoes Injinji toe socks medical tape to wrap one toe that continues to blister even with the toe socks Road ID shorts undies bra short sleeve tech T running vest (just in case weather turn colder) sunglasses visor alternate hat ipod and earphones fuel belt with all bottles and caps safety pins Garmin with charger alternate sports watch wrist sweatband big ziplock bags throw away sweatshirt for the start-line swimsuit race registration airline confirmatioon car rental confirmation hotel confirmation map to hotel map to packet pick-up/EXPO map to start of race/parking camera Suitcase: Body Glide sunscreesn Succeed capsules packets of gel biofreeze ibuprofin (for after the race) sweatpants washclothes (from REI) sweatshirt sandals clean soft socks all other clothes for that evening and next day Anything else? Tongue
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      looks like you thought of everything to me. I wouldn´t take a bra myself (hihiii) Big grin good luck, and remember to take the first few miles slow and easy. good luck again and let us know how you get on. Paul Smile

Go Pre!

Good Luck! I wanted to go to Phoenix too Smile My best friend moved there a while ago and we try to visit when we can. It would have be great to co-ordinate a race and a visit. Another time though. cheers
          Add: hairband and clips pace band with times highlighted to take gel and S! Caps (we get a little forgetful out there) frog togg chilly pad to cool off with at end of race small collapsible cooler to store post-race chocolate milk and chips cell phone (alarm clock) plastic bag to put dirty race clothes in eye drops duct tape Swiss army knife (in checked luggage) $$$ Thanks for the good thoughts. I expect to be near the end of the pack, but i fully expect to finish, at least. From DaddyO: Add to list - Food of your liking in case you can't find it when you get there!
          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
            Hi landy how did it go? How are your legs?

Go Pre!

Yes...how did it go? do tell...and how did your packing lists work out for you? Smile
                looks like you thought of everything to me. I wouldn´t take a bra myself (hihiii) Big grin Paul Smile
                Actually, the bra came in handy. I was soooo warm that I ended up tucking my shirt up into the bottom band of the bra... Blush Of course, if I was a guy the shirt could have come right off....(note to self: just a jog bra next time)
                  just bringing this thread to the top, so people know it's here to use as they need it......and don't have to redevelop the wheel Wink
                    You can actually make it a sticky Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Rocken mama - great idea, how do i do that?
                        When you click on the thread there should be an options link on the bottom left of the page. It will give you the option to make it a sticky thread or lock it.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

It isn't there Sad Must show up only when you're the Owner of the group.
                            I'm sorry for some reason I thought you were an admin in this group.

Go Pre!

As moderator, only I can make things sticky...and I agree, this one is worthy. It is now sticky Smile I used this list (the unisex items) and was successful packing for my out of town marathon. Add to list - Food of your liking in case you can't find it when you get there! Dave
                                I think this somehow got un-stickied Smile

~Sara
                                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan